Chicago Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New to Chicago - need Dr. recs

Hello!

I just moved to Chicago and I need help with Dr. recommendations.  I would like to find a Primary Care Physician that could also do standard female care: annual exams, etc.  I am living in the Wicker Park area, but I am working in the Schamburg area so I'm not opposed to going to someone anywhere downtown, or between Wicker Park and Schaumburg if it is a great recommendation and they take my insurance.  Thanks for the recs!

Re: New to Chicago - need Dr. recs

• Hi, I think she's more ob/gyn only,...but I really like Dr. Teresa Hubka.  I have United Health Care, and had to switch to her last year and she is awesome!!  She spent almost an hour with me on my first visit just trying to make me happy with my birth control choices, any questions that I had, etc....  She's in Lincoln Park/Lakeview area.
  • I go to Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation and love the docs there. ?I worked there for a couple years while in school and found all the docs to be top-notch. ?They're right off Michigan and Erie. ?

?Cynthia Lagone is my primary care doc but she's usually booked out pretty far for new patients as are many of the docs there. ?They do have a ton of residents, however, and you'll also see the attending if you are looking to get in sooner. ??

• I really haven't heard of primary care Dr's also doing ob/gyn stuff.

My primary care is Dr. Elaine Leboff-Reis, Michigan Ave Internists

My Gyno is Dr. Marc Feldstein

I'm also in Wicker park, how do you like the neighborhood??

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • I don't have a PCP who's also an ob/gyn, but both my PCP/gynie are part of the Northwestern Physicians group, which does make everything super easy.  The Northwestern Phys group office is on the downtown campus (on Huron, I think?)  In the winter, they also have a walk-in clinic up in the Lincoln Park area.

• I do not have  PCP yet, but I absolutely love my OB/Gyn.  She is Dr Sodini and her office is at Wilson and Damen.

She has outstanding reviews on Yelp as well

• triciahembling- I Love Dr Sodini !!! I work at Illinois Masonic and that is one of the OB/Gyne On staff.... Hopefully its the same dr. :-)

My Dr. Is through Saint Joseph Hospital and She is AWESOME her name is Dr Iyvonne Wolny. I adore her!

Good Luck on your Search :-)