Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Reading the newspaper on your computer?? That's crazy talk!

This clip is too funny!

In 1981, San Francisco TV station KRON aired a news segment about how a select group of computer users were getting their daily copy of the San Francisco Examiner not on paper, but on their home computer (!).

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/31/a-newspaper-on-a-pc-thats-crazy-talk/

"I

Re: Reading the newspaper on your computer?? That's crazy talk!

• Funny!
    [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ch1g6p.jpg[/IMG]
  • I guess local papers should be thankful for people like me who still like to have their first couple of cups coffee over a real paper!

I don't mind reading some news online but I have tried reading my local paper's online site. I hate having to jump all over to make sure I see everything.

Plus what would DH line the bird care with?!!!

• I hate reading the paper on line. I want my Sunday NYTimes, dammit!

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • I would kill to regain my attention span for reading a newspaper, but the internet has spoiled me and I now like to get my news from a variety of sources, particularly for the sake of getting different perspectives.  So I prefer to visit several sites, read the headlines, and then pick the stories that are of interest.  I still get our local Sunday paper, but I often lack the time (and, frankly, the discipline) to sit down and actually read it front to back.

ETA: I marvel at the fact that when I was in college, I used to read the NY Times from front to back every single day.  I miss the days where my entire purpose in life was to feed my brain. Crying