West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Exercise Poll

Do you get regular exercise? If so, how?

Re: Exercise Poll

• Yes, about 4-5x/ week.

• depends on what going on with the baby and work, but i TRY To do three days a week (running/jogging). The past two weeks it has only been twice a week
  • I go to the gym 3-4x/week to take classes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just started running again in December.  I run about 5 days a week.  I just introduced weights into my workout this week so I have been super sore. 

I am on a mission to look like I did when I was 21 (or atleast my body).  I wish I appreciated what I had when I was younger!!!!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • No :( I really need to start though. I told my mom I will run up and down her stairs when I pick up Aiden to get exercise. lol The other day she made me do it too! I used to wake up and go the the gym in our apprtments. We have 3 tredmills and not one works anymore. So I gave up on that. I don't even know if they have fixed them yet or not.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • yes 5 days a week sometimes 6 i run, abs, pushups, i recently started jillian michaels 30- day shred i don't want to lose weight just get really toned, im on day 10 level 2 and its going good!
  • No, but last night I went to this Hot yoga class with one of my friends and omg I almost died. I was sweating my butt off cuz they make it like 100 degrees in there and then you do all the yoga poses, which are not easy let me tell ya. It was a great workout and Im not so much sore today as I am just exhausted. I think I'm going to try it again but I think I need to get into a little better shape first so I need to start working out at my apartment's gym.
    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/babygirl12782/DSC05314-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Lately, not at all.  A friend/coworker and I try to go to the gym to lift together on Tuesdays and Thursdays (we have a gym downstairs at work), but lately I've been having to bail to spend my lunch hours working.
  • I do the elliptical 4 days/week and arm weights 3 days/week.  I used to go the gym, but we got a nice elliptical machine for xmas and it makes it sooo much more convenient to just do it at home!
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/35am8on.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/16kwci9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2aaise1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Before we moved I was in the gym 5 days a week. 4 days of cardio 45min and 3 days of lifting. Now that we moved and things have been really stressful I'm at 2 days a week. H and I have been walking for 60 min 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks and hoping to get up to 4 this week. It's not easy!
  • I do cardio 4 days a week. I run 4 miles (well, ok, jog. I'm built for distance not speed!) and then do another 30 min of cardio on either the bike, elliptical or stairmaster. DH and I attend a 'power play' class which is an hour long free weights class once a week and 2 30 min abs classes a week. I like dessert so I have to work out a lot to stay in 'decent' shape. Embarrassed
  • wow, you are all a bunch of hard working girls!  I wish I could say different, but I do absolutly no type of exercise.  I am so bad when it comes to that. DH is the opposite of me. I always say I want to start going to the gym regularly, but I don't have the motivation.  :(
  • Cardio 5 days a week and weights at least 3.
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2n1z04h.jpg[/IMG]

Alana Simone 1-5-10

Just2Good -- my food blog
  • Ryan- same here. I feel awful about it.. Over the past years I've had phases of walking, biking, exercising at home, and going to our old apt's gym, but I never kept up with any of it. And I hated doing all that when I would do it. I think I need to join a gym and pay for it, so that I force myself to go and get my money's worth.
  • image Ryan and Lance:
    wow, you are all a bunch of hard working girls!  I wish I could say different, but I do absolutly no type of exercise.  I am so bad when it comes to that. DH is the opposite of me. I always say I want to start going to the gym regularly, but I don't have the motivation.  :(

If I stop exercising, I'll blow up.  I mean, I can smell food and gain weight! 

• Luckily for me I don't gain weight easily. I have weighed basically the same for years.  However, I am starting to feel flabby, and there is no more tone, so I may need to find some motivation!! :(
  • Yeah, my weight is fine, but I'm flabby from my waist down and could look a ton better if I worked out. Plus, working out is just good for you, and your heart, and I have a small heart defect so I always feel like I should be kinder to my heart. i'm just so bad at finding the motivation to exercise.
  • I go to the gym 4-5x a week, really depending on my schedule. I do cardio each time I go, and I do weights about 3-4x. I'm trying to lose the 30lbs I have gained since I got married.