Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pizza Dough Recipe

Do any of you have a good pizza dough recipe? I made one a few months ago that was terrible and another tonight that was much better, but still not 'good.' I can find some online but I'd prefer a tried and true recipe. If it matters, we have a deep dish pizza pan and also a Pampered Chef stone. Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers

Re: Pizza Dough Recipe

• Here's my dad's pizza dough recipe.  It's our favorite pizza, although it doesn't ever really turn out like a take-out pizza crust. 

1 package dry yeast

1 1/2 cups warm water

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil

4 cups flour

Sprinkle yeast over warm water in warmed bowl; let stand 5 minutes.  Add salt, olive oil, and 3 cups flour.  Attach bowl and dough hook (on a kitchenaid mixer).  Turn to speed 2 and mix for 2 minutes.  Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time; until dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl.

Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes.  Place in greased bowl, cover, let rise in warm place about 1 hour. 

My dad divides the recipe into 3 portions, I usually just do two and freeze the extra for later. 

Roll out on paddle, put cornmeal under for sliding into oven.  Add desired toppings.  Preheat oven with stones to 500 degrees.  After oven is hot and pizza ready, slide into oven, turn oven off and bake until bottom is brown, about 10 minutes.

• My brother makes the best pizza dough ever! When I asked him for the recipe he confessed it's the one that came with his bread machine. Smile
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • My recipe: go to Meijer's frozen section.  At the end of the ice cream, just past the juice, open freezer door.  Stoop to bottom shelf, pick up frozen dough ball.  Pay $1.29 for pizza dough.  Go home.

It's lazy, but I like the way it tastes.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • I will post the recipe tonight when I get home.
  • Thank for the recipes. Amy, thanks for the Meijer tip. I'm honestly going to try them all. I love to make pizza and I want it to taste good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers