Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sleep Number Bed?

I'm thinking of taking advantage of the triple the savings deal that Select Comfort is having on the sleep number bed today. We have been thinking of getting one for a while. Does any one have one? Do you like it? Is it worth the price?

Re: Sleep Number Bed?

• My mom has one and loves it.
  • We don't have one but we slept on one at a hotel once.  I think it was pretty new as the hotel had been recently renovated.  We did not like it because it felt like there was a big "hump" in the middle.  Maybe it was because one of us had it pretty soft and the other had it pretty firm.  Also, we sleep really close at night so if you don't, it might not be a factor.  Good luck with your purchase!
  • image MRSOZUNA2B:
    We don't have one but we slept on one at a hotel once.  I think it was pretty new as the hotel had been recently renovated.  We did not like it because it felt like there was a big "hump" in the middle.  Maybe it was because one of us had it pretty soft and the other had it pretty firm.  Also, we sleep really close at night so if you don't, it might not be a factor.  Good luck with your purchase!

I've slept on a few in hotels as well, and we've never liked them at all.  They either don't work (probably because people futz with them every night), or one side works and the other doesn't, or you have the big hump situation (thatswhatshesaid).  I imagine it to be like having an aerobed that only works half of the time.

Also, we had to "re-inflate" it every night, which got pretty annoying when staying at a hotel for a week.  And by the morning, it would tend to deflate again.  But, that's just my experience.  Your mileage may vary.

• I slept on one of those once and wasn't a big fan either. We have the kind of mattress that the wine glass won't spill on. You know what I mean- from the commercial? I can't remember the exact name of it, but it has that memory foam stuff. We LOVE it!
  • Not a big fan. My mom has one and it's like sleeping on the most uncomfortable bed ever.
  • We have one and love it. We got the one with the extra pillow tops. I think that is the way to go, if you are looking to buy one.  I keep my number on 100 or 50. We also go the bed the reclines and sits up.