Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I survived black Friday!

I just got back in but was able to hit Khols, Staples, and K-mart.  I found the best deals at Khols and got quite a few household items there.  How did everyone else do?

Re: I survived black Friday!

• I survived too!!!

I hit up Sears and bought a fridge and stove for the new house :) We got about $1k off the total price!

Then we hit J.C. Penneys and got a few kitchen items and odds and ends with a couple of gifts for pretty cheap too. 

Thats about it- pretty tired, and now time to do Thanksgiving with the other side of the family (we always split it into 2 days- its too hard to do everything on Thursday).

Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • DH got up super-early to hit Best Buy and Staples but I stayed home with Sarah.  Once he got home and we had breakfast I "braved" BRU/TRU - what a mess!  Luckily we got about 98% of our Christmas shopping done today!  The rest we'll do online!  Wooohooo!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We went to Kohl's. My brother bought the GPS thign (for Trev for Xmas), my dad wanted wireless headphones, my mom wanted a pocketwatch, and I wanted a comforter. Also bought a hippo for baby L. <3 We were in and out in half an hour.

• I survived too and apparently it's no joke. There was a shooting at a TRU in Palm Desert.

I ended up going to BRU to get a glider for the nursery (it was 1/2 off!). Then I thought while I was out I would go to Target and get some movies. I actually had a really good time and it really cheered me up for Thanksgiving. Nothing like some good 'ol retail therepy.

• image klmbride05:

I survived too and apparently it's no joke. There was a shooting at a TRU in Palm Desert.

I ended up going to BRU to get a glider for the nursery (it was 1/2 off!). Then I thought while I was out I would go to Target and get some movies. I actually had a really good time and it really cheered me up for Thanksgiving. Nothing like some good 'ol retail therepy.

Omg about the shooting!  I can't believe someone could get so crazy over shopping.

I saw that glider in the paper too and I was thinking of getting it.  I also saw that K-Mart had one too.  I am leaning toward more of a rocking chair though--we'll see.  I'll probably be back out for the day after Christmas Stick out tongue.

• Yea I was watching the news and there was a security guard who was ran over and killed by a rush of people at walmart. So sad.
  • image Val&Jason:
    Yea I was watching the news and there was a security guard who was ran over and killed by a rush of people at walmart. So sad.

I heard abou that too. Disgusting.

I had a good time yesterday. My mom and I hit JoAnn, Michael's, and BRU - althought what I wanted there was gone :( I didnt do any Christmas shopping, just got some baby stuff and decorations.

• We stayed inside all day and just relaxed!!

Congrats to everyone who went out and got the deals.

• Becki-What did you want at BRU that they were out of?