Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to get baby's hair cut?

Camden will be a year tomorrow and is in serious need of a haircut. I'm too scared to do it myself though I have one of those buzzer things with all the attachments. We bought it for the dog and when we hacked her hair all up we swore we'd never use it again.

I asked my hair stylist, but she said they can't cut hair on a child that won't sit still. I know he won't sit still.... I just want the top buzzed with a #8 and the sides and back with a #3, so no scissors required. Any suggestions?

Re: Where to get baby's hair cut?

• cool cuts for Kids is where we used to take Mason. "Used" to because when your kids hair grows outta control and needs hair cuts twice monthly since 9 months old gets pricey- so dh has figured it out himself! (saves us money) However, we loved Cool Cuts for Kids WAY better than Fun N Cuts. We've never used scissors on Mason just the clippers if that helps :-)?
    Gavin & April married 6.26.04
  • we go to great clips and he does ok.. he just doesnt like the clippers! LOL?
  • I'm no help with your question, but just wanted to say happy birthday, Camden!!!

• We take Hudson to Cool Cuts for Kids too and 2 out of the 3 times we've taken him I was pleased with the end results. The second time the haircut was very choppy and visibly uneven. I cut his hair myself prior to that since I used to do hair and I cut my husband's as well.
  • I took my little guy to Sharkey's Cuts for Kids and they did well and his hair turned out cute!  I figured I'd go there b/c they have cute little Hummers, etc. for them to sit in.  The magic trick ended up being us giving him a dum dum though!  Whatever it takes!
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! We took him to Cool Cuts for Kids. The lady did a great job, considering his screaming and turning away constantly. It was $30 though! I may try to find something a little cheaper...
  • $30, Yikes!  We paid $20 and I thought that was steep!  They charge outrageous prices for kids haircuts these days!