Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

random fashion question: thumb holes?

If the pink polka dotted hoodie I just bought has thumb holes in it does that mean it's not appropriate for an adult to wear?  What are the thumb holes FOR anyway.  I feel about 15 when I wear this thing but it is fun and I love it.  Maybe this is teeny-bopper chic?

Re: random fashion question: thumb holes?

• I have a Northface running shirt that has thumb holes so that it doesn't ride up my sleeves when I run.

I consider it more practical than trendy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• See, this seems to make sense for a North Face running shirt.

A pink polka-dotted hoodie?

• I have a sweatshirt with thumb holes! Not intentional though, I wore it when I drank b!tch brew and needed to use a sleeve to screw off the cap.

Personally I don't get the trend part of it. ?

• the teen has thumb holes in a couple of her hoodies.

those are the ones i never borrow. ?yes, i share clothes with my kid.?

• Confession: I poke thumb holes into DH's sweatshirts when I borrow them ( I don't own sweater shirts of my own, but if I did I would do the same thing). 

My guess is that it's a trend much like fingerless gloves.  I see no problems  with you wearing your sweatshirt. 

Now, if it were a puffer jacket with a faux fur hood; I would leave that for the teens.

• I have a few sweatshirts with thumb holes, but as long as you don't put your thumb through it you can't tell.

• Yes, I'm afraid that means you are wearing teenybopper clothing. :)

I decided that I am no longer allowed to wear hoodies in public. I already look young for my age and I'm short; they are really not helping me out in either department.?