Money Matters

Coach bag "warranty"?

I've heard of people sending in their Coach bags to the manufacturer to get repaired or replaced at their cost... do you have any experience with this?
Noah (12~28~06) and Eli (8~5~10)

Re: Coach bag "warranty"?

• I have done it.  Just take it into the store.  I had to pay $20 for shipping both ways.  They repaired it and mailed it back.

They had said if it couldn't be repaired they would issue me a store credit.

• I took my bag into the store, they couldn't fix the problem (dye was coming off the leather on the bag and getting on my cloths), so they issued me a store credit for a new bag.  I got full price on the old bag.  It was really easy to deal with. 
  • I so need to do this with one of my bags, the stitching is coming undone.
  • I had this done with my coach purse: the screw from the handle hardware continually worked it's way out and the sharp metal edge gouged several holes in the body of the purse. I sent it away for repair and when they replaced the body panels, they sliced into another panel (a 3-4" slice probably 2-3mm deep at the deepest point).  I felt like a free repair was a free repair, so I wouldn't say I was angry, just disappointed. I more or less traded one problem for another since that slice is slowly opening up as things rub up against it.

I didn't want to pay another $20 for a second repair and I wasn't sure I wanted to go argue with Coach to have it done free.

Not to say don't get a repair done, just a little word of warning.  And maybe I just wanted to vent--5 years later, LOL!

TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. Tests normal.

jbelle

• image jbelle:

I had this done with my coach purse: the screw from the handle hardware continually worked it's way out and the sharp metal edge gouged several holes in the body of the purse. I sent it away for repair and when they replaced the body panels, they sliced into another panel (a 3-4" slice probably 2-3mm deep at the deepest point).  I felt like a free repair was a free repair, so I wouldn't say I was angry, just disappointed. I more or less traded one problem for another since that slice is slowly opening up as things rub up against it.

I didn't want to pay another $20 for a second repair and I wasn't sure I wanted to go argue with Coach to have it done free.

Not to say don't get a repair done, just a little word of warning.  And maybe I just wanted to vent--5 years later, LOL!

I had a similar issue with my Coach wallet when the coin purse area ripped. They basically just glued it back together and it came apart again - I wasn't happy with their repair.

• image mlmbwr:
    I took my bag into the store, they couldn't fix the problem (dye was coming off the leather on the bag and getting on my cloths), so they issued me a store credit for a new bag.  I got full price on the old bag.  It was really easy to deal with. 

My sister did this too. She got store credit for the original value of the purse b/c they could not repair it.

• Does the 'warranty' expire?  If so how long does it last?
  • I believe it's a lifetime warranty. 
  • image marytini:

image mlmbwr:
    I took my bag into the store, they couldn't fix the problem (dye was coming off the leather on the bag and getting on my cloths), so they issued me a store credit for a new bag.  I got full price on the old bag.  It was really easy to deal with. 

My sister did this too. She got store credit for the original value of the purse b/c they could not repair it.

Delurking to say I feel incredibly ripped off! I had to send a Coach bag in about two months ago to be repaired and all they offered me was a 30% off coupon for my next purchase when they couldn't fix it. I'd much rather have store credit.