Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR: Barnes and Noble experience/funny

My friend and I were perusing a bunch of different stores in this strip and she mentioned she had to pee. I told her there was a restroom in B&N and I could look at books (obviously), so we went in there. Anyway, I'm looking around the YA section and I overhear this mother talking to her two sons. The older one was looking for a book in a series and wasn't really sure what he wanted. The mother has no idea of what to look for and is searching around for some staff to maybe make a recommendation. I approach and ask what they're looking for and the mom said "Well he's in sixth grade but reads at a high school level, is into sci-fi, wants something in a series, and needs something fun that will entertain him." I naturally give my unsolicited advice and recommended "I Am Number Four". I explain the plot to the kid and he gets really excited about it and I tell the mom that the story takes place in Ohio and the author is also from Ohio (the state I live in) and she thought that was neat. The mom goes "We're getting this book!" and starts to head to checkout and I mention as they're walking away "OH, my fiance liked this book too, so it's a boy book! I hope you like it." I was so excited I could recommend something that this boy might like, I really hope he does!

Re: BR: Barnes and Noble experience/funny

• That's awesome! I think recommending a book to someone is one of the best feelings ever! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• It was!! I loved that he was responsive about it too. If he hates it, oh well. If not I feel like I introduced someone to a whole new series they may not have picked up before. Love it :)

• That was my favorite part about being a bookseller at B&N, recommending books that I liked to people. It gave me warm fuzzies :)
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/10fqm2w.jpg[/IMG]
  • That's great! And I LOVE recommending books set in my hometown or state. It's always fun reading about familiar places.
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
  • I love recommending books to people! Especially when they report back that they just loved it and will never doubt my book knowledge again and ask for more recommendations. I love spreading the book love!