May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hot Topic Thursday (HTT)

So after yesterday's decision with the Supreme Court I though that could be our hot topic today. So what are your views on gay marriage?

Re: Hot Topic Thursday (HTT)

• I'm all for it...I could really give two sh!ts about who someone wants to marry.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• image mancila60:
    So after yesterday's decision with the Supreme Court I though that could be our hot topic today. So what are your views on gay marriage?

The words "gay marriage" don't really exist in my vocabulary. In Canada, it is simply called marriage. Everyone should have the right to celebrate their love and become life partners officially, and to receive the same benefits as heterosexual couples.

Photobucket
  • In a world full of hate and rage why are we fighting over the right to love. The world needs more love. Gay men happen to be my favorite people on the planet and I have many people I love who this issue affects so it makes me raving mad that anyone would have to think about this. 
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • I grew up around this and never even realized there was a difference until I got to high school. I never knew my aunt when she was married to my uncle and I never thought it was weird she was with a woman. One of our GM is gay and honestly is one of our best friends and in fact my little boy will call him uncle. 

Who am I to judge who someone loves as long as they aren't doing drugs or harming the person I love in any way I don't get a right to say anything against it. It's love no matter which way you see it. 

• image MiniMeg526:

The words "gay marriage" don't really exist in my vocabulary. In Canada, it is simply called marriage. Everyone should have the right to celebrate their love and become life partners officially, and to receive the same benefits as heterosexual couples.

THIS! (minus the in Canada part since I live in the states!)

It's a long, LONG overdue decision, and there's still a lot of progress to be made, but it's a HUGE step forward!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I've never cared who wants to marry whom. It's never been an issue in my house either. My mom and dad are fairly liberal when it comes to that. I think my dad put it best when he said marriage and holy matrimony are two different things. Marriage has to do with the State and government rights and responsibilities and holy matrimony is the church. I don't know why there has ever been a question about who can and can't get married, but this is a good step in the right direction!
    View Full Size Image
  • I am all for it. 50 years ago I would not have been able to marry H. He is from Mexico and I am the whitest person on the planet... the biracial comments still bother me some. I got to marry the love of my life so why can't everyone else. I am a Christian with very open views. Gay isn't hurting ANYONE.
  • I think its Great!!! I love LOVE! And I agree with every PP!

I love gay men. And a man loving another man and a woman loving another woman is not hurting ANYONE!!

And if any of you watch Big Brother, as soon as I saw the gay guy I was like OMG I love him I want him to win! Hahaha! I'm a Gay Fan! LOL

Baby Foster Due March 12, 2014 It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby 3-12-14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• image lnvane00:

I think its Great!!! I love LOVE! And I agree with every PP!

I love gay men. And a man loving another man and a woman loving another woman is not hurting ANYONE!!

And if any of you watch Big Brother, as soon as I saw the gay guy I was like OMG I love him I want him to win! Hahaha! I'm a Gay Fan! LOL

Oh man..i hope its on demand today...I went out and forgot to DVR it...so excited. I am the same way Im obsessed with Gay men. I just think they are amazing and kind hearted and fun  

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • image Melissa51212:
    In a world full of hate and rage why are we fighting over the right to love. The world needs more love.

Perfectly said.

I'm all for it. If it's against your values or morals or whatever, don't do it but don't stop other people from doing it. If two men or two women are in a happy, committed relationship, why shouldn't they get married? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers