May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Question of the Day*

Do you have any dietary restrictions? (for medical, ethical, allergy reasons, etc?)
image Anniversary

Re: *Question of the Day*

• I don't eat lamb or veal, for I guess, ethical reasons. I also try to watch my sugar because diabetes runs on both sides of my family, but I don't have any real restrictions for medical or allergic reasons.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• Mona8Mona8 member
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

I'm low sodium because H has borderline high blood pressure and needs to be low sodium (so I am too by association, lol).

I also try to eat low sugar because I break out easily if I have too much sugar at once (especially with chocolate- I haven't had chocolate in years and I don't really miss it)

And I just recently started a low/no- dairy diet (like 2 days ago, lol) because my hormones are a bit out of whack and dairy often makes it worse. So I'm trying it out for a few weeks and then potentially sticking to it permanently if I think it helps. (I already miss my cheese though!)

image Anniversary
  • H has celiac so we're a gluten free household. I have a shellfish allergy so for obvious reasons that's off the plate. 
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• spalkospalko member
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper

I do try to limit my dairy consumption because I get a phlegmy throat and the runs from dairy products. I've also been trying to cut back on the amount of condiments I use, mainly ranch, and so far I have been doing really well with it.

Hey, Hey Hockeytown!photo hockeytown_zps6a7377b0.jpg
  • I try to watch carbs and sugar because I am borderline diabetic. Sugar part is fairly easy however the carbs not so much. 

Also I don't eat tomatos my mom is alergic to them and they say I have a mild allergy to them I don't really like them anyway so it's not a big deal.  

• I've got nothing....no allergies or medical reasons for not being able to eat certain things.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Nope, I don't follow any dietary restrictions.  I am not allergic to any foods and I don't get sick from any foods.  I do try to eat healthy. 
  • I am lactose intolerant and I don't eat red meat (for ethical and nutritional reasons). I used to be vegetarian, but after a lot of travelling and getting sick because of protein deficit (and plain not eating enough), I have worked fish and chicken back into my regular diet.
  • image Mona8:

I'm low sodium because H has borderline high blood pressure and needs to be low sodium (so I am too by association, lol).

I also try to eat low sugar because I break out easily if I have too much sugar at once (especially with chocolate- I haven't had chocolate in years and I don't really miss it)

And I just recently started a low/no- dairy diet (like 2 days ago, lol) because my hormones are a bit out of whack and dairy often makes it worse. So I'm trying it out for a few weeks and then potentially sticking to it permanently if I think it helps. (I already miss my cheese though!)

Certain cheese are worse then others because of the way they are processed. If you do decide to stick to low dairy....don't rule out cheese if you love it, then be becomes a chore and hard to sustain as a lifestyle. But do cut out mozzarella and chedders. They are "creamy" cheeses. I am lactose intolerant and usually eat lactose free cheese, but they don't melt well, so for quesadillas or grilled cheese I use Monterrey jack, doesn't seem to bug me as much as the others. (of course your reason for cutting out dairy is different then mine, but might be worth a try to make it a sustainable change!)