Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Chiang Mai recs wanted

Hello! DH and I are planning on spending 4 days in Chiang Mai in October. We are looking for any recommendations for restaurants, activities, etc. Thanks! =)

Re: Chiang Mai recs wanted

• MDGirlMDGirl member
    Ancient Membership 1000 Comments Combo Breaker

Taking a cooking class with A Lot of Thai was the best thing we did in Thailand. Yui hosts it at her home, and she's a great teacher. Lots of amazing food and fun memories.

Also if you're going to be there on Sunday the night market had fantastic shopping.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
    Mark Twain

My Travel Blog

• Ditto A Lot of Thai - do the full day cooking class, it's amazing!  I also agree about the night markets.  

We did a full day with Patara Elephant Farm - pricey but so worth it.  You'll get lots of interaction with your elephant.  It was a great day.  H and I hired a taxi for a day (can't remember the cost, but I want to say it was between $40-$60 for a full day) and went to Doi Suthep (beautiful), Tiger Kingdom (cool but not at all a must do), and some other temples in Chiang Mai.  

Have a great trip.  H always says we should retire in Chiang Mai - it's such a cool place! 

• Thanks! We were thinking about doing a cooking class, we'll look into that place. I love the idea of the Patara Elephant Farm, if we can fit it in the budget we are so there!

We wanted to check out Doi Suthep and Doi Inthanon too, they look really interesting. Did either of you (or anyone else) go on a river cruise while you were there? It was something else we were thinking about.

Thanks! =) 

• We thought about doing a river cruise, but we didn't have time.