Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Turks & Caicos - Will we be bored?

Hi all!  My DH & I really love great beaches and for this reason I really want to go to T&C because I've heard they have some of the best.  However, I've heard it's a fairly "boring" island as there isn't much to do other than chill at the beach.  We don't need an all out party atmosphere but I want to be able to do more than lounge on the beach all day.  What else is there to do in T&C?  Thanks.

Re: Turks & Caicos - Will we be bored?

• It's pretty low key, but I wouldn't call it boring. Not a lot of night life. The gorgeous beaches more than make up for it.

http://www.wherewhenhow.com/

• My partner and I go specifically for the quiet and relaxation.  We stay at Amanyara which is even more quiet than most resorts.  We generally swim/snorkel, exercise a bit, read a lot and eat.  Anything more than 5 nights I might go a bit crazy, but it is a welcome break in our chaotic lives.
  • I need at least a little night life so more than likely, I'd be bored.  I'm not a "chill at the beach, dinner, and then call it a night kinda girl".  At the very least, I need some live music in the evenings.  Nothing "girls gone wild" though as I am too old for that.  LOL  Thanks for the input guys. 
  • We went for four nights two and a half years ago and had a great time. We did a snorkel excursion one day, took bikes out from our resort another day, and then the other days relaxed on the beach and in the pool. We had a great time each night hanging out at the resort and chatting with other people over drinks. I certainly was not bored, and we met some really nice people. Plus one night our resort had live music for a bit.

• We went there for our honeymoon 6 years ago and enjoyed it. You could look into the Club Med Resort there.... we stayed at Royal West Indies and could hear all kinds of fun stuff going on there next door.