Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tampa area?

I'm thinking of planning a "girls trip" to the Tampa FL area... either in Tampa, or rent a car to somewhere closeby.

Suggestions on hotels/activities?

Basically, we really want a nice pool and beach....

TIA! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Tampa area?

• JenMJMJenMJM member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker

I would look at Clearwater or St. Pete Beach for hotels with pools and beaches.  Downtown St. Pete has lots of cute little stores and places to eat.  Both are close to Tampa, and I would rent a car if you can swing it. 

The Sirata in St. Pete is a nice hotel, but it's only one of many.  I'd use Trip Advisor to search for hotels once you decide on the area.

Sunshine-n-Wine Travel Blog

• I live in Tampa. Agree with pp that if you want a beach you should stay in St. Pete or Clearwater. I definitely prefer St. Pete. If by any chance any of you are teachers Tradewinds and Guy Harvey Outpost are great hotels with good rates for teachers. Just enter the word teacher in the discount code section. They don't check when you check in! Both have multiple pools, including adults only pools. 
     Not sure what kind of activities you like. The Post Card Inn and Caddys are the popular places to get drinks on the beach. There will be plenty of places on the beach to rent jet skis or try other water sports. You will definitely need a car, so drive down to John's Pass on Madeira Beach nearby for restaurants, bars, and shopping. I would also eat at Crabby Bill's on St. Pete Beach and consider driving down to Gulfport ( cute little beach town) or Pass a Grill Beach. Watch the sunset from the roof top of the Hurricane. 
     There is so much to do around here. You will love it!  
    [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3am4fk3[/IMG]
    A Silly Little Wanna Be Travel Blog