Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whirlpool Duet

Does anyone have this washer/dryer? Do you like it? 

I have read mixed reviews, so I am just looking for more. TIA!  

BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: Whirlpool Duet

• I have the set.

If I had a redo, I wouldn't buy a front loading washer.

The door has to remain open after each use so it can dry out, otherwise it stinks of mildew. If your laundry space is in a high taffic zone this may be a consideration since the open door will be banged by people walking past it.

There are a ton of settings on the washer, which is great. I've had no trouble with its cleaning power. I do wish it had a larger capacity to better suit our king-sized bedding.

No concerns on the dryer.

Also, I do not have the stands and you don't need them. All they do is add height to the machines.

• ::following thread::

This was the set was my top choice, but I think leaving the door open would drive me insane. I would constantly walk into it, or close the door on it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • msealemseale
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    I just bought a new LG front loader and it has a magnet that keeps the door "closed" but not sealed.  So when not in use, there is enough airflow to let it dry out, but it isn't wide open to "bang around".  You may want to check if it has this feature.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
  • Our laundry is in the basement, so keeping the door open isn't a big deal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • This is the washer / dryer that we have.  I like it.  It works fine except that the fabric softener tray doesn't work.  I don't use it so it doesn't bother me that much.