Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

When your book gets so exciting you just have to tell someone about it

Last night we watched the second-to-last episode of season 2 of Game of Thrones, the super exciting one with the battle. It was so good! Then my book, Dark Lover by JR Ward, got really exciting too. I posted a status update on Facebook about how my TV show and my book were climaxing at the same time and it was just too much excitement to handle. I thought maybe I could talk GoT and Black Dagger brotherhood with friends. But did I get that chance? Nope, got three or four people giggling like 10-year-olds over the word "climax." So disappointing. They just don't understand like you guys do!
My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.

Re: When your book gets so exciting you just have to tell someone about it

• Um... I totally giggled at "climaxing at the same time."

I mean, especially given that you're reading BDB... come on, it's pretty funny Smile

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• Nova726Nova726 member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer

:::pulls up a seat next to Lauren::: 

Yeah, sorry, I giggled at climax too.

I do totally get it though, I love when both my book and my show are that point. 

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Yeah, I totally giggled at that part too. Stick out tongue I know just what you mean though. I watched that episode a few weeks ago when I was at a huge part of A Storm of Swords, so I was pretty well hopped up on those for a while. I'm still trying to get MH to re-watch that episode with me, but he doesn't follow the show or books at all, and I don't want to spend 2/3 of the episode answering his questions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • image 84Lauren:

Um... I totally giggled at "climaxing at the same time."

I mean, especially given that you're reading BDB... come on, it's pretty funny Smile

This!  Smile

I pretty much never use the word "climax".  Deep down inside I guess I'm a 13 year old boy!  lol!!!

• I've got to agree with everyone else--I giggled too.  However, it is great when you get to really exciting parts in favorite books and tv shows!  
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To be honest I can't hear the word climax (or penetration, thats another one) in any context without giggling. Sorry. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• MrsJenEMrsJenE member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    image 84Lauren:

Um... I totally giggled at "climaxing at the same time."

Yep. This.  

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.