Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFR: The Red Tent

I love this book.  I love that she decided to go from the side we never really get to hear from in the Old Testament, the women.  It gives me a whole new way of understanding that part of the Bible.
My Polymind (books, being green, random stuff)

Re: WIJFR: The Red Tent

• I enjoyed this one a lot more than I expected to.  I'm not an overly religious person, but religions fascinate me.  I found that after reading this, I was wondering how much of the story was fictionalized for this book and how much was straight from the bible.

Another women's perspective on bible stories that I enjoyed was called As In Eden by R.M Lamming.  It's a collection of short stories, told from the womens' point of view - Eve, Lot's wife, Pontious Pilate's wife, and a few others I can't remember.  I really enjoyed reading the "other side" of the bible stories.  My only problem with this book was that I really didn't know the bible stories as well as I might've liked, and I think that I would've taken more from the book if I had.  If you enjoyed The Red Tent, though, I think that you might really like this one, too.

• This has been on TBR pile for a long time.  Do you suppose someone with little no knowledge of bible stories would be able to understand and enjoy it?

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image ThisModernLove:
    This has been on TBR pile for a long time.  Do you suppose someone with little no knowledge of bible stories would be able to understand and enjoy it?

Yes, because this was me.  Like I said, it made me more interested in learning about the bible stories that are behind the book.

• image ThisModernLove:
    This has been on TBR pile for a long time.  Do you suppose someone with little no knowledge of bible stories would be able to understand and enjoy it?

Absolutely!

I was so impressed with this book. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Sweet babies, you are so very loved.
    Jack 11/29/2009 and Brynne 7/11/2013
  • I really liked this book!! That being said, it scared the crap out of me about childbirth. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and they kept talking about giving birth way back then. Scary stuff!! Really makes you appreciate modern medicine! 

image SusieBW:

image ThisModernLove:

Yes, because this was me.  Like I said, it made me more interested in learning about the bible stories that are behind the book.

I took a Bible as Literature class in college. It was amazing!! I had a pretty good understanding of the bible and it's stories, but it was so much fun to read it all from a literature perspective instead of a religious perspective. I'll have to look up some of the books we read in class (other than the bible). It was really an eye opening class! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10