Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bill organization

Anyone use the Neat Desk Scanner for bills? I need a better system for organizing bills and reciepts. We have to keep everything for tax time due to hubbys job.

I have also considered doing yearly bill binders... anyone have any thoughts on a good way to organize paid bills?

Re: Bill organization

• I pay many online and keep a separate email folder for payment confirmations, etc.

Aside from that, I typically have a cabinet with file folder for each company/card/utility, etc.

If you want to go completely paperless, I'd suggest a scanner (or one of those printer/copier/scanner combos) and keeping an organized electronic file --- but remember to back it up on an external hard drive and preferably one additional place!

for reciepts, I keep shoeboxes full of monthly envelopes.

• I use a small accordion file (the kind sold for coupons) to keep my receipts. We have large accordion files for our bills, tax returns, etc. Since I pay bills online, we always make sure to write paid on date on each bill once we pay. 

• I love organizing and designing and I want to create a personalized planner for my family. I'm just not sure what to use. I have used Word to create menu's and bill organization documents, but it is very testy and inconvenient at times. What is the best program/software to do something like this?

physiotherapy singapore
    physio clinic

• I have a "Bill Binder" I just started it this year tbh, but it's worked amazingly so far! 

In the front I have pens, highlighters, paper clips etc. Then I have a "yearly" calendar  that I write down when things are due and when I've paid them. Then I have dividers separating every bill (organized by month) then sheet protectors(12) they hold my receipts.  

It seems like a lot but if you stick to it, it works. Hope this helped!