Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Replies

• I think Bed Bath and Beyond sells in-drawer organizers that are felted for jewelry.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=125758

• If you want it all in one drawer, that type of organizer is the only way I know of that will be tidy.  I have a couple dresser top jewelry boxes, but I too love the jewelry wardrobes.  I do now have room for one, but they can be expensive, so I won't be getting one soon :)

The other thing you could do, although it will not keep the jewelry together in one spot, is to hang those small removable hooks on the inside of closet drawers if you have a lot of necklaces.  Hang necklaces there, then get a couple small jewelry boxes or organizers for the other stuff. I like to hang necklaces so they don't get tangled.  My cat has been known to knock over my jewelry box, even with how heavy it is, and the fine chains get tangled :(

• I have a jewelry tree on our dresser, and most of my necklaces fit on it. For my earrings, I slid plastic canvas into 3 IKEA Tolsby frames (left over from my table numbers) and put them on a bookshelf in our bedroom. It looks like this:

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/02/tolsby-cheap-and-easy-earring-display.html 

• image Nest Cayla:
    image ohpagrl:

If you want it all in one drawer, that type of organizer is the only way I know of that will be tidy.  I have a couple dresser top jewelry boxes, but I too love the jewelry wardrobes.  I do now have room for one, but they can be expensive, so I won't be getting one soon :)

The other thing you could do, although it will not keep the jewelry together in one spot, is to hang those small removable hooks on the inside of closet drawers if you have a lot of necklaces.  Hang necklaces there, then get a couple small jewelry boxes or organizers for the other stuff. I like to hang necklaces so they don't get tangled.  My cat has been known to knock over my jewelry box, even with how heavy it is, and the fine chains get tangled :(

Your cat knocks over your jewelry box even though it's heavy!? Your cat must know that there's lots to play with in that box! haha

I do like you're idea of getting removable hooks, that way I can hang them any where and I can put them on the back of my closet door if I need extra space (which I do!)  THANKS! :) 

LOL, I think the cat is just periodically Demon Spawn  :)  He hasn't done it at my new house, thankfully!  I guess he has other things that are easier to paw off my shelves ;)

• I don't have a ton of jewelry, so I just use a few cute little boxes on top of my dresser. But my mom keeps her nice jewelry in a jewelry box, and uses ice-cube trays to keep her other things separated (you can stack 2-3 on top of one another). She doesn't keep the ice-cube trays out, of course. They're in her dresser. Just to clarify. :)

• I use a bulletin board with push pins to keep necklaces and bracelets untangled. I also have a ceramic hand model that holds other things like rings.  
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Is it sad that I own one of those armoires that is about 5 feet tall?  And it's pretty full as well, I love my jewelry :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers