Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Replies

• If you have a satin or an eggshell finish your walls may be donzo. Magic Erasers are super abrasive and may have removed some of the sheen from the wall. I have also had some issues with Magic Erasers leaving a film on my walls. I just wash them
    IMG_2448
    "Be the Lego Lady"
  • I think "satin and eggshell finish" means the type of paint used and what level of gloss the dried paint will have.  Just wasn't sure if you thought the PP was referring to the color eggshell :)

• YW :)  Those things are miracle workers, though, aren't they?  They clean everything!

• Have the walls been painted much before? Is the house new(er) construction?

This was a problem when I first tried to get some scuff marks off from moving in. The darkened spots from the moisture never went away, and I ended up having to paint hal

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over!
  • I don't think using it dry would matter. I don't know if they are supposed to be used on paint?  I could be mixing it up with another product, but I think that they are not supposed to be used on painted surfaces.  I think the damage is done, un