Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Looking for a vaccuum cleaner rec

Does anyone have a vacuum cleaner they love? Preferably something more budget-friendly than a Dyson. TIA!

Re: Looking for a vaccuum cleaner rec

• After tons of research, I recently bought a Shark vacuum (the "professional" class b/c of the larger waste compartment). It has excellent suction power, is not super heavy or bulky, and isn't the loudest vacuum out there. I highly recommend it.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image PitaPata Cat tickers image
  • I know you said no Dyson, but I truly do love mine. I got a compact D26, which was cheaper than many of the uprights (and I prefer a buggy/canister type). I scored a floor model on sale at our local Sears for $300 (this guy http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC26-Multi-floor-canister/dp/B004AQ591K

I also found some reviews on other vac's here, with a break down of price brackets http://www.squidoo.com/best-inexpensive-vacuum-cleaner 

• Thanks!  I had just posted about vacuums too before I scrolled down. I will check out squidoo.com!
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • I just bought a Shark after realizing my Dirt Devil really doesn't have good suction & I was crawling around on the carpet with the attachments off the hose just to get the maximum suction power.  I LOVE my new Shark~it's a Liftawy Delux & I got it at Target.
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...