May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

QOTD 2/26/13

Happy Tuesday!

What, if anything, are you afraid of? (Spiders, heights, etc.) What is H afraid of?

Re: QOTD 2/26/13

• I'm afraid of storms! I hate them.. with a passion. I think it has to do with the fact that there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop/prevent them. Whenever we have tornado watches/warnings out.. I get so anxious. First crack of thunder too.. just makes my heart race.

Last summer I was picking my friend up to go out to where our husband's were working.. and there had been a storm watch out, we were taking my dog and he was in the truck and it started to hail, so I took him into the garage. The sky was green and it was hailing and thundering and the power went out and my dog was freaking out in the garage. So I said I was going to hang out with him.. to calm him down... secretly.. I knew he'd calm me down... I sat there in the garage and pet him until it was over... 

Hubby is afraid of heights.. which is funny because he works construction and is getting his pilot's license...  

View Full Size Image
  • Snakes. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Even the little garden snakes. I won't even watch them on tv. Execpt maybe in Harry Potter.

H is afraid of the water. This is why we will most likely never go to a tropical destination. I was surprised he was willing to get into the ocean and pool when we went to St Thomas a few years ago for my bother's wedding. It was so hot, he didn't care, as long as I stayed away from him. He had a terrible experience as a child, which is sad because I dream of taking the kids to the beach and pool and lake.

• Me:  snakes - hate them, can't stand the sight of them and will literally go running like a little girl at the sound or sight of them.  Secondly - sharks.  Which is totally weird because we live in landlocked South Dakota.  Don't come across a lot of sharks around here!  I can't look at one on tv, or at a aquarium, magazines.  Nothing.  Not.gonna.do.it!!

DH:  doesn't HATE a lot of things, but heights and spiders are his weakness.  He'll do what he needs to do, but he really doesn't like it! 

• I'm afraid of any and all insects or creepy crawly thing-spiders snakes mice etc.

The other day at work a bug came flying onto my desk and I freaked out! Ran out of my office and asked someone to come in and kill it while I was huddled in the corner of the room.  

Im also afraid of flying so I'm usually medicated or slightly tipsy before getting on a plane.

I don't think that H has any fears like this. He doesn't like spiders but he's not as afraid as I am.  

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I have quite an aversion to being late..  I get awful anxiety if I think we're going to be late. Strange, I know, but I think that's the closest I come to being scared of something.

I don't typically care for bugs, snakes, spiders, etc, but I can usually deal with them without freaking out. Usually being the key word there ;)

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
    Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
    Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
    Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

• I dont LIKE a lot of things, like balloons, bugs, mice...but im not afraid of them.

H is not afraid of anything that I am aware of lol 

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • I HATE bugs and spiders!! Like mostly everyone.

I have this fear of whales and the deep ocean! It gives me anxiety! I love dolphins though they dont freak me out. But I think its the immense size of the whale and deep water that freak me out! But I love the beach and going to the ocean, I just have tanxiety about being in the middle of deep water, even the lake. I can jump in but have to jump right back in the boat cuz I dont know whats under my feet.

And I am really afraid of the dark! and heights.

And theres another thing I have extreme phobia and fear about but I dont like to tell people cuz they think its silly and they dont get it or understand LOL but its NOT funny to me.

Baby Foster Due March 12, 2014 It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby 3-12-14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• I have a really bad fear of flying, which is a bit strange since I've flown quite a few times in my life. I get awful anxiety before flying though, and there was one flight to Europe, years ago, where I completely broke down in hysterics before the plane even took off. It seems that the more flights I go on, the more scared of them I get :-/

I also hate bugs and have been known to flip out if they get too close to me... ugh

I honestly can't think of anything that H is afraid of.

image Anniversary
  • I am deathly afraid of not being able to breathe. I don't like bugs and might scream like a little girl but it is only because I was surprised.

H is terrified of roller coasters. I love them and I am trying to get him to try them but he won't. 

• I am afraid of deep water. I tried to go scuba diving on our honeymoon and had a panic attack when I jumped in the ocean. I'm also not a fan of snakes or heights, especially when see-through stairs are involved!

I'm not sure if H is afraid of anything. Probably just bad things happening to his family. His sister's a social worker and was working with some abusive kids and got hurt one day. H got so upset, it was one of the few times I've seen him cry.

imageimage

• Don't laugh, Balloons.  They smell bad, chase you, pop and scare the beejeepers out of you.  And they are made of latex, to which I am very allergic.

Driving in the bad weather (mainly because of the other morons out there)

H is terrified of clowns.  He had a traumatizing circus experience when he was little.  

Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• image lnvane00:

I HATE bugs and spiders!! Like mostly everyone.

I have this fear of whales and the deep ocean! It gives me anxiety! I love dolphins though they dont freak me out. But I think its the immense size of the whale and deep water that freak me out! But I love the beach and going to the ocean, I just have tanxiety about being in the middle of deep water, even the lake. I can jump in but have to jump right back in the boat cuz I dont know whats under my feet.

And theres another thing I have extreme phobia and fear about but I dont like to tell people cuz they think its silly and they dont get it or understand LOL but its NOT funny to me.

aww come one! Lol you can't just leave it at that!!!

View Full Size Image
  • image lnvane00:

I HATE bugs and spiders!! Like mostly everyone.

I'll say my weird fear thing, so maybe you can, too - people think it's really, really strange!

I have a fear of heights, which is pretty normal apparently =]

I don't mind snakes, bugs, rats, and most vermin people hate.  Seriously, I used to work as a lifeguard in the summer and bees were always attracted to my sun lotion - there'd be times when I'd have 3-4 bees crawling on me at once, no big deal.  (As long as you don't move around a lot they don't hurt you).  But since I've been a little girl, I've had an extreme aversion to butterflies.  To me, they are nothing but giant cockroaches with huge, icky wings.  I'd have bees crawling all over me....but if a butterfly came flying anywhere near my lifeguard stand, I'd jump off it in a heartbeat in a panic.

To give you an idea - when I was a little girl, I had a set of sheets that had a pattern that sporadically had butterflies on it.  When my mother would have this set of sheets on my bed, I would take my (hardcover) children's books and use them to cover up all the butterflies.  I would then go to sleep laying on top of said books.  Yeah, I'd rather sleep on top of a bunch of hardcover books than let my body touch a sheet with butterflies on it!

See if you can beat that, invane =]

This picture was taken this fall on a hike.  Needless to say the butterflies were already gone or otherwise you wouldn't catch me this close to this sign.  My MOH thought about having her wedding in a butterfly garden, but realized that I was a BM and decided against it...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/377319_10100163170007994_1626059653_n.jpg 

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Me: Mayonnaise. Terrified of it. Like Maury Show terrified. And I can sense if something has mayo in it from a mile away. I'm queazy about blood, but that's it. My only real FEAR is mayonnaise.

It is weirder than that, Invane? Cuz I still wanna know! 

H: Bees. He's such a baby around them. I love it. 

photo enhanced-buzz-23740-1333550931-30_zpsdc46930f.jpg

Anniversary
  • oh my gosh! Haha you girls!

OK if I say it you cant mess with me!! I have full blown panic attacks. And I'm always at work when I'm on TN so it would not be cool if I had one at work. LOL

I am scared to DEATH of aliens... scary lanky green big eyed scary things. I cant even look at pictures of them or anything like that. I hate even typing these letters cuz they freak me out.... E.T.

Cant do it. That thing FREAKS ME OUT! Seriously seeing those two letters next to each other is freaking me out. I'm paranoid now. So i'm outta here!!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Invane- I'm proud of you for sharing with us!  :)
    image Anniversary
  • I have an irrational fear of the movie 'all dogs go to heaven'. I watched it when I was like 4.... Hated it.. It scared me. Whatched it again when I was like 16... Still hated it... Still found it kinda scary and horrible... And I will never.. EVER watch it again...
    View Full Size Image
  • image lnvane00:

oh my gosh! Haha you girls!

OK if I say it you cant mess with me!! I have full blown panic attacks. And I'm always at work when I'm on TN so it would not be cool if I had one at work. LOL

I am scared to DEATH of aliens... scary lanky green big eyed scary things. I cant even look at pictures of them or anything like that. I hate even typing these letters cuz they freak me out.... E.T.

Cant do it. That thing FREAKS ME OUT! Seriously seeing those two letters next to each other is freaking me out. I'm paranoid now. So i'm outta here!!

I was picturing something much, much weirder than aliens...after that intro, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed because that seems relatively normal =] 

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Haha my husband thinks I'm Cray Cray for being scared of stuff like that. He thinks its stupid. But he has NO idea!! LOL I'll show him stupid!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog