Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW- He did it!

2»

Re: AW- He did it!

• Congrats! 
    image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So exciting! Congrats! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Awwwww, congratulations! What a great Valentine's Day story!
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • aw that's wonderful!! congrats :)
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    image image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • CONGRATS!!!! How exciting!

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Congratulations!!

Ziggy's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie - (Nvhz)

4 losses: Blighted ovum 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d

Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO): 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO): 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua 5/23/13 7:36am 7lb 13 oz, 19.25 in
  • Congratulations!!
    image image Anniversary image my read shelf:
    Rebecca's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sorry I left you guys hanging, I had this dang this called work getting in the way of all my engagement fun. I have a story about the ring and I'll tell you about the proposal too... pics to come later.

Eli- You're right I was just saying that he needed to get his butt moving!

Yes, please, i need all your help to incorporate books into my wedding :)

So the ring he gave me is his mother's ring and he's calling it my pre "engagement ring" ring. He works in landscaping (a seasonal job) and his money this time of year is limited but he wanted to ask me anyway. So he said he still wants me to have a diamond engagement ring but he didn't want to be limited to what he could afford now as opposed to when he's working full time in the summer. So like I said the ring he gave me is his mother's ring and it's a lindy saphire with two little diamonds on either side. It's very pretty and it very much reminds me of him.

The proposal was just like him as well very low-key but cute. I had the late shift at work today and he had a doctor's appointment later in the day so we got up at the same time and were just doing our normal morning routine. Well I'm sitting on the computer.... probably on here I don't really remember (hehe :)) and he sits down next to me and says "Wanna do something crazy?"... he's not spontaneous at all so I cautiously said "Ummm.....okay."  He goes "Would you want to marry me?" and brings out the ring. Nothing extravagant but very cutely him :) I think I first said "Really?!?! Yes!!!! oh my god crazy!" Then I called my mom and then my dad.... I said to my dad "Mike asked me to marry him" and goes "Did you say yes or no?" I just thought it was funny because we've been together for so long.

Anyways pics to come and send me many ideas for wedding stuff and book related wedding stuff and anything else! I'm so happy and excited :) 

• Yay!  My engagement ring is an oval sapphire center stone with 4 diamond points on either side.  Sapphire solidarity!

We'll have to start stalking Pinterest for you. 

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I was curious as to what a Lindy Sapphire was, and they're apparently very collectible today and were popular post-WWII.  Very cool vintage vibe going there!  Congrats!
  • Yeah I really didn't know what it was either until he told me. It reminds me of a star in the middle and my fiance (hehe) has always been into astronomy so it's a great representation of him.

• Yea, congrats. Enjoy your engagement!
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • I can't see the picture.  :o(

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I'm so happy for you both!  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Let's try this again

Let me know if you still can't see it

• image RevJen:

Congrats!  Let's see the ring!

And do we get to help plan what will obviously be a book themed wedding? 

This! Congrats!

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • Apparently my pictures don't want to post... but there is a picture of my ring in my profile.