Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Experience with a Subaru Outback or Honda CRV?

DH got in a wreck on 235 this morning. He's fine, but our 1999 Honda Civic is most likely totaled. We're still waiting to find out.

Anyways, we've known for awhile we'd be needing to replace that car (obviously, lol). I currently drive a 2004 Trailblazer. DH is going to take the Trailblazer and I'm getting the new car. (Well "new" to us, probably a 2010 or 2011 year model.) I keep coming back to the Outback and CRV. I just need to see what kind of space there is for two rearfacing carseats in the back. Not pregnant, but not ruling it out in the near future either.

Any experienced thoughts? I've also looked at the Equinox, but the cargo area seems tiny. I love the Highlander and Pilots, but they're beyond what we want to spend, and are a bigger SUV than I want. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Experience with a Subaru Outback or Honda CRV?

• My grandparents have a GMC Terrain that they LOVE.  From what I remember, the back seat was great in regards to leg room.

Im glad your H is okay! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image BoyMom21:

My grandparents have a GMC Terrain that they LOVE.  From what I remember, the back seat was great in regards to leg room.

Im glad your H is okay! 

Me too, thanks. 

Thanks for your input!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad your DH is okay! 

We shopped for an SUV when I was pregnant (GM vehicles only though), but ended up going with a truck. Good luck with your search!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • C is a big GM fan so that is all we look at/buy. I currently have an 09 Acadia and love it. But, if I was going to go with something smaller I would go with a Terrain-they look cute and offer ample room. I'm pretty sure the CRV and Terrain are in the same class size. The CRV's are super cute and I know people who love them as well as the Terrain.

I think it comes down to your budget and really what you like best. Compare the Outback and CRV and see which option gives you what you want. 

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • The Terrain is pretty much the same as the Chevy Equinox (just slightly different body style, but built on the same line). So if the Equinox didn't impress you, unfortunately the Terrain might not either.

I love Honda CRVs, so I would say that would be a good bet. I'm not totally familiar with Subaru, but I know a few people who have them and they seem to last a long time if well-maintained. 

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy