Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Getting ink out of dryer

Anyone have a good solution to getting ink out of a dryer?
Husband left a pen in his pants pocket and it exploded all over the dryer. 
Some google searching led me to using rubbing alcohol - but nothing seemed to be super effective. Any tips? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Getting ink out of dryer

• We had the same thing happen a while ago (also had it happen with gum! ugh) We tried a bunch of different things and now DH and I are sitting her trying to remember what actually worked lol...I'm pretty sure it was a combo of goo gone, magic erasers and a scouring sponge...it was ALOT of work and we never ended up getting all of it out. I ran some old light colored towells in there a couple times to make sure what was left didn't rub off before I put any clothes in and we haven't had any trouble with it since then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • Thanks! We ended up wiping the dryer out with rubbing alcohol, then running bleach soaked rags through it. It took almost all of the ink out!  We ran some plain towels through a few times just to make sure and there was no more ink coming off. Thank goodness! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)