Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What do you want/are you doing to your home right now?

I love always having something I want to do to my house.  Right now I'm working on rugs for the living room.  Something neutral that fits the space better than what I have now (which is currently random rug I had in the kitchen originally...yuck).  I was contemplating a sisal rug or two because that's all I've been seeing in magazines lately. 

I'd love to paint the kids' bathroom nooks (they each have their own vanity but share a room with the toilet and tub) but I worry that it won't look good as they get a little older.  I guess I can always repaint, but I want to spend some money having a designer do something really cool/custom, so I'd hate to spend the money just to repaint it in two or three years. :/

I can't wait for it to get a little warmer out...I am ready to make my flower beds awesome this year and get some really cool things for my potted plants.  H has talked about doing a small garden in the backyard with a few veggies. I really hope he's serious...it would be cool to walk into my backyard and have my sides to go with dinner right there.  

What are you doing or wanting to do to your house?? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What do you want/are you doing to your home right now?

• I'd love to paint our bedroom, remodel the kitchen and master bath (a girl can dream, right?), and upgrade the guest bath. I'd also love for a pro to come out and do some landscaping and for someone to finally install our flooring--we have the materials and I've been waiting 3+ years for it to be installed *sigh*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're getting ready to update our alarm system and we are going to have to have some major plumbing done in the middle of the house around the kitchen area very soon. After that, we'll focus on the nursery and getting the floors re-laid through the hallway so when the baby arrives, we can have visitors without feeling embarrassed.

Oh, and once those floors are laid, we'll have an entirely empty room, so we'll probably furnish that and we'll have another sitting area for guests.

Other bigger items on the list: re-carpet the master bedroom, put cheap floor in the master closet, re-doing shelves in the living room and making the fireplace the focus with the TV over it. 

Eventually: re-tile kitchen, paint it, maybe reface the cabinets and replace the sink. 

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • We're building a house from scratch right now. :) But I'm super excited about some of the things going in to it... Like an in-home office/natural light studio space for me so that I can shoot newborns and studio sessions at home. Woot! From the very beginning of the design process I've wanted hand-scraped all wood floors in the entry, office, dining, kitchen and breakfast rooms and it looks like now I'm getting it. Also, cream cabinets in the kitchen with an antiqued chocolate glaze, espresso island with antiquing and a built-in buffet in the breakfast room painted french country blue and antiqued as well. I'm flipping out about that room. :)

We'll also have space for the in-laws to make extended stays when we start a family some day which I love... Mainly because it's upstairs and will have it's own living room and kitchenette (so my MIL can stay up there and out of my bidness when it's necessary.) lol 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway
  • We are looking into having a tornado shelter installed. Right now we are arguing over putting in the garage or backyard. We are also need a shed in the backyard. DH's little gym in the third car garage is not so little anymore, and we need space for lawn equipment. I'm excited to plant flowers this Spring. I want to get some large planters for the porch. Lastly, we are in desperate need of window treatments. It's almost been a year in our new house. I'm just now ready to think about window treatments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a lot of projects planned. Sometime soon we will be ripping up the carpet in our lr/dr and halls and installing wood floors. I really want to do something with our backyard like extending the patio and building a pergola. We also want to install recessed lighting, paint the guest bathroom, and reprint our dresser. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • image BobKat22:
    We are looking into having a tornado shelter installed. Right now we are arguing over putting in the garage or backyard. We are also need a shed in the backyard. DH's little gym in the third car garage is not so little anymore, and we need space for lawn equipment. I'm excited to plant flowers this Spring. I want to get some large planters for the porch. Lastly, we are in desperate need of window treatments. It's almost been a year in our new house. I'm just now ready to think about window treatments.

I'm just throwing my opinion out there,but we love our shelter that is installed in our garage. We have only had to use it a couple of times, but it has been great.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • We are picking out garage doors... I don't understand this but whatev. I just wanted the normal insulated garage doors but the other person that gets to make decisions about our home thought we needed something semi custom.  

I am picking out cabinet layout for my kitchen. Where I want drawers, doors and shelves... I keep changing my mind about this but I will have it decided by the end of the week (hopefully without adjustments).  BTW, JLimberg...  I am super freaking excited about my kitchen/dining- the cabinets, colors, and backsplash.  It's my room that DH has no say about.  :)  This room and the study have taken lots of my attention.  They will be the most custom and will hopefully be rooms that contain lots of personality.   

• So, I live with a boy now. In a house he has owned for years. We're making some changes to it with an end game of selling and moving in 4-5 years. So far, we have new paint and new custom faux wood blinds. Next up, new floors - probably laminate wood in the front of the house (kitchen, dining, living room, entry, den) and carpet in bedrooms. Then new kitchen countertops and furniture. I want to totally re-do both bathrooms; they have tile countertops and tile on the walls. I'd love new kitchen cabinets, too. We need to figure out if all that would be worth the money, since we won't be staying here. Like, will those changes get us $$$ back in this neighborhood. We're not sure, need to call in the experts. 

This spring I will definitely be doing some sprucing up of the outside - flower beds, patio, etc.  I'm pumped for it. 

• image amidavey06:

image BobKat22:
    We are looking into having a tornado shelter installed. Right now we are arguing over putting in the garage or backyard. We are also need a shed in the backyard. DH's little gym in the third car garage is not so little anymore, and we need space for lawn equipment. I'm excited to plant flowers this Spring. I want to get some large planters for the porch. Lastly, we are in desperate need of window treatments. It's almost been a year in our new house. I'm just now ready to think about window treatments.

I'm just throwing my opinion out there,but we love our shelter that is installed in our garage. We have only had to use it a couple of times, but it has been great.  

I agree. Our last house had a storm shelter in the garage. I know DH is just nervous that I'll want it in the third car, which is his gym area. He also is nervous about chemicals or gas spilling down into the shelter if we are hit by a tornado and stuck in there. But that won't be an issue once we get a shed. 

• There's a lot I'd love to do, but this is not our forever home.

What we are going to do:

kitchen: paint cabinets, put in new countertops, strip/texture/paint walls

living room: paint builtins and wainscoting, possibly whitewash fireplace brick (eek!)

half bath: fixtures, paint walls and cabinets

What we've done:

living room flooring

updated guest bathroom 

new light fixture in dining room turned playroom

I can't wait for spring so I can plant some color in the front beds. 

• image oklagirl:

So, I live with a boy now. In a house he has owned for years. We're making some changes to it with an end game of selling and moving in 4-5 years. So far, we have new paint and new custom faux wood blinds. Next up, new floors - probably laminate wood in the front of the house (kitchen, dining, living room, entry, den) and carpet in bedrooms. Then new kitchen countertops and furniture. I want to totally re-do both bathrooms; they have tile countertops and tile on the walls. I'd love new kitchen cabinets, too. We need to figure out if all that would be worth the money, since we won't be staying here. Like, will those changes get us $$$ back in this neighborhood. We're not sure, need to call in the experts. 

This spring I will definitely be doing some sprucing up of the outside - flower beds, patio, etc.  I'm pumped for it. 

We're dealing with some of the same decisions. We're also in a five year house. About half of our house was brought into the 2010's (hardwoods, crown molding, updated master bath) by the previous owners, so we need to work on the other half (kitchen, half bath, laundry room, some trim and woodwork).

For example, our kitchen is an early 1990's piece of work. Green/yellow plaid wallpaper, custom distressed cabinets, green laminate counters. Very country. We're texturing and painting the walls, painting the cabinets and trim white, and changing countertops. But, we are struggling through the decision of putting in laminate or granite because of the neighborhood comps.

• Just some boring electrical stuff. If we are going to move in and not just rent the house out though, we might put in new floors. We are still trying to decide if its worth it since we probably won't be living there long. If we do move in I will also repaint since the paint is scuffed in a lot of areas. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm currently looking for curtains for our new to us home since I left the others in the old house when we sold it. I want to paint our countertops, add a fasade backsplash in the kitchen along with new knobs and pulls on our cabinets, build a farmhouse table and matching hutch for my dining room. I also want to buy a new couch and finish a bench my MIL has for our living room. Also, need to finish replacing our door knobs inside our home 
    Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • image oklagirl:

So, I live with a boy now. In a house he has owned for years. We're making some changes to it with an end game of selling and moving in 4-5 years. So far, we have new paint and new custom faux wood blinds. Next up, new floors - probably laminate wood in the front of the house (kitchen, dining, living room, entry, den) and carpet in bedrooms. Then new kitchen countertops and furniture. I want to totally re-do both bathrooms; they have tile countertops and tile on the walls. I'd love new kitchen cabinets, too. We need to figure out if all that would be worth the money, since we won't be staying here. Like, will those changes get us $$$ back in this neighborhood. We're not sure, need to call in the experts. 

Ack! I know I moved out but I'm going to need some of the details on this now :)