Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wedding Picture Woes

Has anyone had problems with Wayne Springfield at Springfield Photography? He and his assistant were very attentive up to and on the day of our wedding on Nov 3, but we haven't seen a single picture, and he won't return our calls or emails. We did hear back from him once in December after we tracked down his assistant and pressed her for answers about our photos. He says he had been ill.  Okay, it's a month later now, and still no proofs, and he won't return our calls and emails. We're worried, not about the huge amount of money we already paid him, but about our photos.

Re: Wedding Picture Woes

• It looks like you are not the only person who has had issues with him, unless you are the one who reported them to the BBB? Sounds like he is not responding to those complaints either.

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/not-elsewhere-classified/springfield-photography-in-acworth-ga-27385349

You might want to submit something to the BBB also if you don't hear back from him.

I hope things get resolved for you. Sorry you are having issues too. Good luck!

• That is absolutely aweful. We got married at the end of February and got all our pictures within 3 weeks (still designing our album though). 

Unless he is on his death bed there is no reason why he shouldn't return your calls. I know that December with the holidays and all was a busy month for everyone but I don't care. Just let me know you are working on my pictures!!!

One of the things I have noticed is this photographer only has good reviews posted. It makes me skeptical  about who is reviewing some of these vendors. I know the original photographer I was going to hire (based out of Kennessaw too) had great reviews but his BBB history told a different story. Then I started contacting other negative reviewers and I was told that he posted those reviews himself probably. He has the reputation of double/triple booking weddings and sending un-experienced photographers claiming an emergency came up. Needless to say we decided to pay a little more and book a great photographer.. 

Soo don't review him yet, but do your best to get your pictures back. However, go on every bridal website where he is listed and give an honest review. I am very thankful to that bride who helped us dodge a bullet so feel free to pay it forward as well.  

• Can you show up to his studio? You may want to consider a small claim against him for breach of contract. This is unacceptable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• I actually had a wedding in Clarkesville, GA and looked for a photographer from Atlanta (cheaper if I had to pay for their travel) I took a risk and found an ad on craigslist from a guy who had a good portfolio (http://chriswithcamera.wordpress.com/) Seriously, he was still building his portfolio, and I snagged him for $500, a mind-blowing deal for his talent. Not only did he did a great job... he gave me and my husband our photos, all edited and unedited within the week of us staying up there for our honeymoon. For over 1500 pictures, professional grade, and getting them within the week..well is freaking awesome.

What strikes a nerve with me is how the guy you mention, swear to god sounds like a name I heard when i lurked on the craigslist ads for my vendor. If I were you, I would review any agreement signed with him for his services, if he truly DID violate them, you could pursue a civil suit against him for violating his own legal agreement. Most photographers have these agreements to protect themselves. I really hope you do get your pics though. I waited for nearly a YEAR for my aunt to put together the video, but it finally got done and I remember how upset I was waiting for it forever...I would be one hell of a woman raising some cain if i actually spent good money on a photographer and never got pictures! I am so sorry and hope you DO get them!