Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving to Norman in June!

Hi OK Nesties!

Im getting married this May and will be moving down to Norman where my fianc? has been this past year for his first year of grad school.  Anything in particular I should know about the area?  Anything I shouldn't miss?  I'm also a photographer so until I get my business back up and running again I'm looking for job opportunities!  If you have any suggestions where to start, please let me know!   

Visit Maui.Weddings.com

Re: Moving to Norman in June!

• Welcome! 

(Jealous of the Maui wedding thing, P.S) :)

Norman is a wonderful place to live! Very unique, lots of great places to shop and eat (lots of good locally owned places as opposed to chains.) Since it's a college town they've got more of a night life than other cities in the area. Where are you moving from? I'm a photographer too (live in Yukon/Mustang)... What kind of photography do you do? It shouldn't be too hard to get things back up and running again (but OKC is kind of overflowing with start-up photographers). I can get you into a few networking groups if you want... always good to have photog friends. :)

As far as the job opportunities go, what do you think you might want to do in the mean time?  

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway
  • Thanks for the intro!  I'm moving from Lincoln, NE.  I have a portrait biz so I do families, hs seniors, weddings and the like so some networking groups would be AWESOME!  I also have an art degree and work in the darkroom and love gallery/curatorial stuff.  Do you know of any community darkrooms or galleries/museums I should check out?
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com
  • I'd say Main Site gallery would be a great place for you to start looking... it's the home of the Norman Arts Council and it's a really great space. mainsite-art.com

The networking groups I'm in are all on Facebook; if you message me on my business page I'll friend and add you to the group. :) facebook.com/studiowestway It'll be a good way for you to get info on free photowalks (might help you get to know the area a little better), classes, critiques on images, prop loans and location suggestions for shoots. :) 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these." - Mark 12:30-31 studiowestway.com facebook.com/studiowestway
  • Welcome! Norman is a great place to live. We've been here for almost 5 years now and have loved it. I would check with the University since they have a temp jobs that sometimes turn into full time. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Welcome!

OU has an art museum--Fred Jones, Jr. museum. You might periodically check the OU job site (jobs.ou.edu) to see if they have any openings.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy