Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Car Center Console

My sedan has a center console between the two front seats with a lid. However, it's like a pit...I'm constantly having to dig around inside it to locate, by touch, what I need.

Does anybody know of a small container I can slide in there to help corral my stuff from sliding all over?

My problem is that the opening is about 4.5 inches wide and about 8 inches long...so not many things fit.

Thanks.

Re: Car Center Console

• I know if it exists you can find it at the Container Store! There may be one in your area or check out their website! Oh how I love this place!
    For more info visit my blog: http://shockinglydomestic.com
  • I haven't tried it, but my first thought would be like one of those TV remote-boats. They are pretty thin, and have a few spots for things. I guess it would depend on how small the items are that you are wanting to put into it as they are obviously designed for TV remotes so smaller items may be harder to access because it is thin and deep, but would be good for like checkbooks, pens, etc.. I agree with PP to check the container store too.