Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: XP - Oscar Noms!

• I feel like The Master got way too many acting nods.  I saw it and understand Philip Seymore Hoffman's nomination but not really Amy Adams or Joaquin Phoenix.

I think Ben Affleck got screwed.  He deserved a directing nomination definitely.

I was really happy to see so much love for Silver Linings Playbook.  It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image ThisModernLove:

I feel like The Master got way too many acting nods.  I saw it and understand Philip Seymore Hoffman's nomination but not really Amy Adams or Joaquin Phoenix.

I think Ben Affleck got screwed.  He deserved a directing nomination definitely.

I was really happy to see so much love for Silver Linings Playbook.  It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Totally agree.  I"m excited for silver linings too.  I was bummed Bigelow didn't get a director nod and I'm biased but I love Leo DiCaprio and I really think he needs to win an oscar soon.  I think a lot of people thought he'd get a nod.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm in a few Oscar pools.  This is a major hobby for me each year.  I started picking when I was 16 and was so excited when I correctly picked the foreign film, Spain's  Belle Epoque.  I had no clue but picked Belle Epoque because one of my favorite actresses (Ava Gardner) had lived there for a while.

There are so many up in the air categories.  It's impossible to pick.  I keep changing and have no clue about any category except Actor and Supporting Actress.

Who should win---Chastain or Lawrence?  Jones or DeNiro?  I've seen the main contenders, and I just don't know.  I have a feeling Argo will beat Lincoln for Best Pic.

I really liked Zero Dark Thirty, but I don't know if it's out of the mix now that there's that smear campaign against it.

now i know how Nancy Kerrigan felt. that's insight into SCARY ISLAND. you have no clue what really went down.