Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving to Little Rock AFB, AR

Hello military friends,

I just received orders to Little Rock AFB, AR and will report in May 13.  I was hoping I could receive some helpful info on where it's best to live.  I would prefer away from the base and closer to Northern Little Rock.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you!

-Shannon 

~Shannon

Re: Moving to Little Rock AFB, AR

• Hey Shannon! My husband and I are currently stationed at LRAFB and this is also my home (born and raised here)! It really depends what you are going for! Do you have kids? The on base housing is not bad if they have availability! North Little Rock has some good areas and is close to food and shopping and downtown. Also, you are closer to the base than you would be if you lived more into Little Rock. Going more North/Northeast of the base you get to smaller tows. I grew up in Cabot. It's a growing city with a small town feel and great schools. My Dad was Air Force and this is where he/we retired. It's a great place to raise a family! I hope that's somewhat helpful! If you have any other questions let me know! :)

-Melissa 

• We are station at Little Rock!! North Little Rock is only like 10 min away from base and I know A LOT of people who live there and love it. We personally live right outside base in one of the nicer decently priced neighborhoods of Jacksonville. It is so convenient to live only 5 min away from the gate! Cabot is great too! Definitely join the Little Rock AFB spouses facebook page if you have a facebook! Lot's of lovely ladies who love to help newbies! We all have great advice on anything you need to know! Feel free to PM me at anytime with any questions we have been here for two years so I've pretty much gotten the feel for everything! Welcome in advance and I really hope you enjoy it here!
  • While this is of no help to you at all regarding your post, I went to LR on TDY many times before I retired.  When you get there, make sure you and your husband have a nice dinner at the Butcher Shop.  OMG - best steak I have ever had and I use to travel a lot!
  • Hi Shannon!
    I have lived in Jacksonville since 2006 and have loved it! I actually just had to move to accept a new job, and now I'm selling my home in Jacksonville. It's on the opposite end of town from the base, maybe a 10 min drive. Right off the Interstate exit so NLR is only a hop and a skip away. 3 bed 1.5 bath listed under 80k. PM me if you want more information. Best of luck to you!
  • Don't live in Jacksonville! Sherwood and Cabot are much better places to live- better property values, city services, and less crime.
  • This thread is two years old! I hope she's found a place to live by now! 
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.