Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What type would you choose?

I am in the process of picking out light fixtures for our house.  I really want to use this type of pendant over our breakfast bar but I also need to come up with a light option for the island and the dining area.  What would you go with?  I like the thought of incorporating a drum type shade in the dining area but I can't seem to put it together.  

Not the exact one but very similar.

Antique Copper Finish Glass Lantern Chandelier

Re: What type would you choose?

• Is it not part of a set? When we picked out lighting, they had groupings of lights. All different sizes and design, but the same style so the look was cohesive. Or is that not what you are going for?

Also, another thing to think about. How close is your island to the bar? We have pendants over our bar as well. I planned on having a hanging light fixture over the island, but in the end, it was too close in proximity to the bar lights. It looked funny having so much hanging from the ceiling. So, the island light was removed and it's just a can light. 

And I love drum shade fixtures. If you can make it work, go for it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree. If the island is close, you don't want it to be too busy. But I love, love, LOVE that pendant light! Are you keeping your same dining set or are you getting new? Do you have a drum shade in mind? I think it all depends on what your furniture and "style" is going to be. I cannot wait to see your new house finished!!
    The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you are standing on! Photobucket
    What do you mean that's the wrong side? Tastes great to me!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am keeping my same table.  DH bought me a couple of new "accent" chairs and they may or may not come to live at the table.  They are still black though, they just have leopard seats.  I want the drum shade over the dining table.  Here is one I found that I kind of like.

I am not wanting matchy- match, I want something a bit different.  I am also trying to get away with just two but I dunno yet, I may still end up with three. 

• This is the exact one.

International Lighting 13997

• I love it! That drum is fab! I think it'll work together. If the island isn't too close to the bar, are you wanting like chandelier type drop lighting, or do you want something flush to the ceiling?
    The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you are standing on! Photobucket

• I want something that comes down, not a flush mount.  If it looks wonky then we will just add a couple of can lights.  I will have to see how far away from the counter it is.  I want something simple but bold. Ha!  

I seriously just emailed the lady that helped me do paint, tile, and carpet. I am going to have to pay someone to pick out these lights for me.  She sees my vision so um, it's worth the money... I hope! 

• image jesseandbri:

I am keeping my same table.  DH bought me a couple of new "accent" chairs and they may or may not come to live at the table.  They are still black though, they just have leopard seats.  I want the drum shade over the dining table.  Here is one I found that I kind of like.

I am not wanting matchy- match, I want something a bit different.  I am also trying to get away with just two but I dunno yet, I may still end up with three. 

I LOVE this fixture but the others are great lights too.

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • I think when it comes to lighting design, it never hurts to enlist a pro. There are so many options and not nearly enough time in the day!