Relationships

frustrations at work causing issues at home

We have been married for just over 2.5 years now and I've been at my current work for over 3 years. Over the last year, work has become increasingly stressful with people leaving, coworkers that are difficult to work with, and a higher workload. Because of all these things, I have found myself taking out my frustrations on my husband without meaning to. I am constantly griping about one thing or another about work -- even I'm tired of it. I've been looking for a new job, but specifically, a career change, and this is deeming to be a hard situation because of the economy and not having/making time to really sit down and apply for jobs. 

Because of all of this, my husband told me he doesn't want to talk to me until I "figure things out". I have told him numerous times that not talking won't help this situation, but he's not budging. I'm scared this might ruin our marriage...

Has anyone experienced something like this? Any advice is hugely appreciated...

Re: frustrations at work causing issues at home

• He doesn't want to talk to you period, or he doesn't want to talk to you about your career/job situation?

If he doesn't want to talk oto you at all, that concerns me. I really don't know what to say about that...

As your partner, he should encourage you and be there for you when times get tough. Try to convey to him how hurt you are that he isn't backing you up in this rough patch. Also, work on not talking about your job when you get home. Maybe the stress you feel at work is rubbing off on him- try to make your house a getaway from work.

Good luck!

• Do you have any opportunities to change your employment situation? What about going to talk therapy to discuss the issues with work? I agree that it is crummy to come home and have to listen to your spouse take their bad day out on you. I can see why he would want some distance from this. Do you have any activities that you do outside of work for yourself? Do you do anything to decompress or relieve stress?