Relationships

I think he ended out relationship?

Ive been with my fiance( or ex) for over 7 years, last December he proposed and we were set to be married 5/17/14. To the best of my knowledge everything was going great, thanksgiving he sat with my family talking about the wedding, Sat we had been discussing and up-coming vacation we have planned and what to buy my parents for Christmas. Sat he went into work(he works overnights) and I reminded him that we were supposed to meet with the priest for our wedding Sunday. He said I love you, went to work and essentially disappeared. He never came home, all day yesterday his cell went straight to voicemail, I called his job and they said he had left for the day. At that point I began to panic and worry that something happened to him. This morning I woke up to a text saying "This was a last minute decision, I'm sorry Kris, and I'll drop off the phone and keys after work" He then removed Engaged from his Facebook. I just can't fathom how after 7 years somebody could just up and leave like that without so much as giving their 'partner' a reason or talking. I'm completely heartbroken, I just don't know what to do. Crying

Re: I think he ended out relationship?

• That is really weird.  Were there any other hints that he was this crazy?  What was the reason for the 2.5 year engagement?
  • What the heck!??? I'd be freaking out too! :(

I can't imagine how he could end things just like that, after so  many years. All I can think of is when he comes to "drop off the phone and keys" that you have a sit down and figure what the heck happened. I know it's going to be hard to stay calm ( or at least it would be for me), but if you can get yourself to calmly hear him out, maybe you guys can get to the root of the problem and possibly even fix it (as long as there's not someone else involved...I think that would be a total deal breaker for me).

• the venue we decided on was booked for spring/summer sat's in 2013 so we held off til 14 and it gave us the chance to save

• First off, I'm so sorry to hear that! 

Unfortunately, it sounds like this is something that he had been thinking about for a while and didn't know how to bring up. Maybe he was hoping his feelings would change. Regardless, I can only hope he can be mature enough to talk this through with you if only to explain his actions. It's ridiculous to act like everything is fine when he was considering calling off something as big as an engagement.

Stay strong and know that even if he never explains himself, things will get better!

Feel free to contact me if you want to talk more!

• Believe me you it happens.

What he needs to do:  tell this to you face to face --- just because it was his telephone, it can mean that anybody who got ahold of it could text yu.

He needs to tell you IN PERSON that the wedding is off. You need closure and he needs to be honest and a man about it.

Do what you have to do:  Go to his home, go to his workplace and wait for him to show up or clock out for the day --- make sure you speak to him face to face.

• 7 Years? You should know a lot of his whereabouts after all this time and like pps said, I would hunt him down until I find him. You deserve answers.

Good luck! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • image NurseRobinson:

7 Years? You should know a lot of his whereabouts after all this time and like pps said, I would hunt him down until I find him. You deserve answers.

Good luck! 

Are you certain that he was the one who texted you that message? and certain that he himself changed the status on that FB page? FB pages get hacked all the time.

At any point as I said, you get an answer to this in person. Relentlessly pursue him until you do. This is not fair to you and just not right for him to cop out by sending a damn text.,,,and that's if he sent it at all.,

On another board you mentioned his mother is controlling --- I wonder if somehow she got into the mix on this -- and if she did: you do not need him. Anybody who buckles into the peer pressure of his mother is bad news.
  • I hope you got some answers. What a cowardly guy to end it like that after 7 years and an engagement. Not so much as a discussion about his feelings. I know it may not feel like it now, but you dodged a bullet.
  • image Golden42:
    I hope you got some answers. What a cowardly guy to end it like that after 7 years and an engagement. Not so much as a discussion about his feelings. I know it may not feel like it now, but you dodged a bullet.

If you think this is bad, try this one on for size:

Somebody I know dated a guy for 7 years; he had his own place and she had hers.

She came home from work one evening to find nearly all of the furniture gone --- she thought she'd been robbed and was all set to call the cops, until she looked on the floor and found a note addressed to her.

Turns out her bf took all the furniture that he bought her and the note was more or less a boilerplate "Dear John" letter -- telling her he was moving on and he wouldn't be seeing her anymore.

She tried calling his house, his workplace and his cell -- all 3 numbers were changed.  She tried asking for him when the receptionist got the phone: she was told he was not available. He moved and left no forwarding addresss, according to the super and landlord.

She never heard from him again.

The Dear John letter was bad enough -- he had to go and take all of the furniture he bought, which were already more than a few years old?
  • image TarponMonoxide:
    image NurseRobinson:

7 Years? You should know a lot of his whereabouts after all this time and like pps said, I would hunt him down until I find him. You deserve answers.

Good luck! 

Are you certain that he was the one who texted you that message? and certain that he himself changed the status on that FB page? FB pages get hacked all the time.

At any point as I said, you get an answer to this in person. Relentlessly pursue him until you do. This is not fair to you and just not right for him to cop out by sending a damn text.,,,and that's if he sent it at all.,

On another board you mentioned his mother is controlling --- I wonder if somehow she got into the mix on this -- and if she did: you do not need him. Anybody who buckles into the peer pressure of his mother is bad news.

Did you quote me on accident?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Tarpon-that is a major WTF right there. I would probably have called the cops on him.
  • Be strong girl!!!

I'm having sort of same problem as you now, my bf that we were together for so long, we live and see each other everyday. When I found out i was 5 weeks pregnant he was happy and he said he would be with me no matter what and respect my decision. So I made up my mind to keep the baby in our life. When I was 12 weeks pregnant we had a small fight and he told me he doesn't want the baby and my in his life anymore. I was so hurt broke and I'm 15 weeks pregnant now, I'm still waiting for him to change his mind to come back to my and the baby's life.

So I guess all your fiance wants is time to figure things out by himself, he might having some problems doesnt want to let you. But when the time comes, he would talk to you face to face. If you hold him tight he would goes much more further, try to not stress him out. That's what am I doing right now as well.

God won't give you a tough way that you can't handle. Good luck!!! :)

Pulpit rock BabyName Ticker
  • GIRL ** THAT BIIIIITCH!!!!!! I have a bat for your use if needed!

****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown