Relationships

OMG

So my boyfriend has been letting a "friend" that is a 28 year old female stay at his place and sleep in his bed!!!  Here is the kicker he see"s nothing wrong with this!  I have ended things.  He says that he cannot say no to a friend in need.  I know through mutual friends that there is nothing going on with them.  I feel that it is disrespectful towards me to sleep in your bed with another female.  I would appreciate any feed back as I do not feel that I am being unreasonable as there is no way that he would allow me to act as such!  He lied to me about this initially and know of course there are trust issues.

Re: OMG

• What's wrong with his couch? Why is a friend in need, in need of his bed? There are certain boundaries that I think have been crossed. Just my thoughts though. That just sounds shady...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sure if the friend were male, he'd be sleeping on the couch.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet.
  • No your not wrong at all. And he lied. Really you did the right thing. No need to go back to this one
    Visit The Nest!

img src="" width=220>
  • image sophiaalx:
    So my boyfriend has been letting a "friend" that is a 28 year old female stay at his place and sleep in his bed!!!  Here is the kicker he see"s nothing wrong with this!  I have ended things.  He says that he cannot say no to a friend in need.  I know through mutual friends that there is nothing going on with them.  I feel that it is disrespectful towards me to sleep in your bed with another female.  I would appreciate any feed back as I do not feel that I am being unreasonable as there is no way that he would allow me to act as such!  He lied to me about this initially and know of course there are trust issues.

He does not have a couch as his home is a studio.  I guess I could understand helping someone if maybe they slept on the floor.  Not only did she stay there but he lied about it.  he also spends time with her after and before work.  She is border line homeless sort of a couch surfer she has had five children taken away from her, blah, blah........ I can understand having female friends etc...but having females over your place a few times a week while you are in a relationship with me is not going to work.  I appreciate all feed back but I am hitting the bricks hard!!!  As I deserve better than this chump.

• 1 - the fact that he initially lied to you about this proves that he knows perfectly well that this is not an ok thing to do.

2 - how do your mutual friends really KNOW that nothing is going on?  Be realistic about this - when it really comes down to it, they don't actually know for a fact. 

But good for you for ending things.  At a minimum, he's an idiot.  At the maximum, he's a cheater.  Neither are good.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Sounds like you made a good choice. This isn't a quality guy.
  • He's an idiot, and he thinks you are too. Leave him in your dust.
    Break cycle BFP on 11/6/12 after 17 cycles and a failed IUI - TTC/BFP details in bio
    Nestie Bestie with the lovely RockABye
    image image image
  • Secretly sharing a bed counts as something going on, IMO.
  • You did the right thing.  I was that girl once in my younger, stupider days.  All of his friends swore there was nothing going on with us, we were just sharing a bed.  Yes, we were.  A naked bed.

Sorry your boyfriend is such a jerk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good thing you left him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • You were right in ending things. This entire situation is skechy...