Relationships

suffocating sister in laws...

So my husband and i have been through a lot we went from living with his mom when were dating to being able to buy our own home after i got out of college..  but now that he's moved out and we have our own home. His sisters are much ruder to me, and start drama all the time to try and get him to leave.  I have a little girl from a pre relationship and there trying to use that as their advantage.. How do i get them to leave us alone?

Re: suffocating sister in laws...

• He tells them they can stop being rude to his wife and be included in his new life or they can keep being wenches and he can cut them off.  Then he sticks by what he says.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Kimbus22:
    He tells them they can stop being rude to his wife and be included in his new life or they can keep being wenches and he can cut them off.  Then he sticks by what he says.

this. 

• image Kimbus22:
    He tells them they can stop being rude to his wife and be included in his new life or they can keep being wenches and he can cut them off.  Then he sticks by what he says.

Yes He definitely needs to stick up for you and your relationship!

• image MiniMugLinton:

image Kimbus22:

Yes He definitely needs to stick up for you and your relationship!

I third this.

And when this began, he should have spoken up and told them to cut it out and not to do it again.

Again, this is an H problem, not an in law problem. Pity. You married a candyapple, not a man.
  • I forth this. I have a sil issue as well and unfortunately it's hard to deal with. You gotta get dh to deal with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • just to give you some hope, when DH and I first got engaged my SIL threw a huge fit. He told her to grow up, basically. Six years later we are now actually pretty good friends. But I didn't force it, things just worked themselves out.
  • His extended family, so it's his responsibility to say something, not yours. You and your little girl are now his primary family -- he took that one when he said "I do." Anyone that attacks that (extended family included) has to be dealt with so your nuclear family is first and foremost.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Update- We worked everything out, he told his sister's finally how he felt.  We still don't get along.  I'm trying very hard to stay positive! So far its working(: