Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Western MD

Over the Labor Day weekend we are going to visit IL's in Ohio. DH has suggested that on our way home on Labor day we stop somewhere in WV or Western MD that DD would enjoy.

The only places I've come up with are Jellystone campground in Hagerstown or Catoctin Zoo. Ideally, I think DH was thinking more in the areas of Morgantown WV or Cumberland and something thats not too far of  RT68. So anything at Deep Creek would be out of the running.

Does anyone know of toddler friendly amusements in the areas we are thinking about?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Western MD

• Isn't there some kind of railroad up there? Catoctin Zoo and Adventure Park are all I can think of but I have no clue if Adventure Park is toddler friendly. Catoctin Zoo would be nice as she can feed lots of the animals.
  • Yeah I think Adventure park is a little too old for her, it was the first thing that came to mind when DH mentioned it. He always asks if we can stop on trips out to Ohio. 

• image gracie2762:
    Isn't there some kind of railroad up there? Catoctin Zoo and Adventure Park are all I can think of but I have no clue if Adventure Park is toddler friendly. Catoctin Zoo would be nice as she can feed lots of the animals.

Yes, in Clumberland (Western Maryland Railroad).  Maybe check out one of the State parks in the area. Here's the one's in Western MD.

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Adventure Park is too old for her.

I think Catoctin Zoo would be fun.  We went on the Western Maryland RR last year for Father's Day - DD didn't dislike it, but I wouldn't have done it for her benefit.  She was mostly interested in the girl doing wedding pics when the train turned around.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Unfortunately, we won't be going near the Cabela's. DH's parents live in southern Ohio. We always stop there if we go to his brothers place which is closer to Columbus.