Nest Book Club

NBR Complaint about Netflix - Gilmore Girls

Why doesn't Netflix have Gilmore Girls, WHY???

I have only heard about a kabillion people recommend this show and I've never seen it (I know, I know!)

Should I bite the bullet and buy the complete series on DVD for 100(ish)?

Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: NBR Complaint about Netflix - Gilmore Girls

• Does your library carry the show on DVD?
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• That is bananas! I would have thought Netflix had it. I think it's definitely worth buying!

ETA: ABC Family shows it every day. Even though I've seen the series several times, I still record it on our DVR. I love GG!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image caseyandlizzie:
    That is bananas! I would have thought Netflix had it. I think it's definitely worth buying!

I flippin' know, right???

I'll check with the library, that's a good idea!

I'm still debating just buying it outright, though since I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • fabkfabk
    5000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

I love this series. I am sure buying the entire series outright would be uber expensive. Can you just buy season 1 at Walmart for $10 and see if you do like it?! (I paid $15 for it up here, so I assume you could get it for $10 down there, but I may be wrong.)

• Update: Of course my library doesn't have it since I live in rural BFE.

I found the complete series on Ebay for $75 so I'm going to make it mine.

I still curse you, Netflix.

• Of course you should buy the entire series. All the cool kids have it. 

You will not regret it, promise.

Plus, look at the case. It's a freakin SUITCASE for dvds. Who doesn't need that?

:) 

my read shelf:
    Ashley (ashleylane8)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image sameoldash:

Of course you should buy the entire series. All the cool kids have it. 

Plus, look at the case. It's a freakin SUITCASE for dvds. Who doesn't need that?

Perfect! I'll just tell DH all the cool kids are doing it. Decision made.

/gavel

• Love this show. I just finished Season 5 again and when I get bored at work and I am tired of music, I listen to season 1. Hope you love it jesi!

7/52

" 'Cause you know what luck is
    luck is believing you're lucky
    that's all and showing just a little bit of faith"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Re: Buying the series. This is a no brainer...it really shouldn't be a question.

Oy with the poodles already. ;)

Sammie born 04/23/09! Peanut allergy/Avoiding Tree Nutsimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125 * 2011 Books Read: 150 * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read

Jen748's
  • image jesigirli:
    image sameoldash:

/gavel

Excellent.

I should however note that never, in the history of The Nest, have I ever encouraged anyone to NOT buy something. So there's that. 

I'm so excited you're about to watch this. GG is my FAVORITEST show ever ever ever in life. Ever. Please keep us updated! 

my read shelf:
    Ashley (ashleylane8)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image sameoldash:
    image jesigirli:
    image sameoldash:

/gavel

Excellent.

I should however note that never, in the history of The Nest, have I ever encouraged anyone to NOT buy something. So there's that. 

I'm so excited you're about to watch this. GG is my FAVORITEST show ever ever ever in life. Ever. Please keep us updated! 

This seems like an insignificant detail compared to the magnitude of the question at hand, right?

I'll keep you guys posted once I start watching.

• Yay!!! You will love it so much!

Copper boom!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• fabkfabk
    5000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Jen748:

Re: Buying the series. This is a no brainer...it really shouldn't be a question.

Oy with the poodles already. ;)

hahahahahahahaha

Pinned Image

• Check your local Craigslist.

I was looking on mine last night and somebody had the series for sale for like $50

• I believe they offer it on DVD if you feel like upgrading your plan for a few months.
    Anniversary
              40 books in 2014?

2014: 4/40

[2010: 63] [2011: 35] [2012: 23] [2013: 27]

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image SacGeoLover:
    I believe they offer it on DVD if you feel like upgrading your plan for a few months.

They don't :( andplusalso it's not my Netflix account it's my SILs, and she uses my HBOgo account in return, shhhhhhhhh.

Besides I went ahead and ordered it for $80.  

• I have all the individual seasons... but that cute little case takes up so much less space... need to walk away...
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image jesigirli:

image SacGeoLover:
    I believe they offer it on DVD if you feel like upgrading your plan for a few months.

They don't :( andplusalso it's not my Netflix account it's my SILs, and she uses my HBOgo account in return, shhhhhhhhh.

Besides I went ahead and ordered it for $80.  

That's weird because the Netflix DVDs are how I originally watched it a few years back. Anyway, GG is pretty much the best show ever. You won't regret the purchase. 

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary