Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Worst Chore Ever!

Hello everyone!

What is your #1 chore that you HATE the most? and why?

For me it is...

Ironing!  The pile gets bigger and bigger until I give in and do it.  The whole idea of it, is just awful! 

Vacation

Re: Worst Chore Ever!

• Cleaning the outside of the toilet.  It makes me gag.
  • Folding.  I will wash, and dry all day but folding seems like the never ending chore to me
  • Too many to decide. I was thinking of hiring someone to do my least favorite chore... but I hate them all so much it's tough to pick.

Picking up clutter, maybe.

• I hate a lot of chores...but the worst one for me is dishes. It's like a never ending pile. I would change over to paper plates/plastic silverware if I didn't care about ruining the earth.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I absolutely hate vacuuming! I haven't vacuumed my house myself in years, that's A DH chore.  I don't know why but ever since I was little I have been scared of the vacuum. I hate the noise I guess. Can't wait to rip up all the carpeting in our new home so all I have to do is sweep up puppy hair.
  • Laundry, or cleaning the shower.  I would rather scrub 100 mens toilets (but oddly enough, I don't mind toilets).
  • I don't mind doing laundry, I don't mind folding it...but actually putting it away on shelves/in drawers/on hangers is the WORST!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hate cleaning the toilet and putting away laundry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • image curlyfrymsu:
    Folding.  I will wash, and dry all day but folding seems like the never ending chore to me

Exactly. I don't even know why, it doesn't take me that long to fold all and put it away, but I have a mental block against it.

• Dishes!  I have a dishwasher but its all the pots and pans and dishes you have to wash by hand.  It drives me crazy!  They are neverending.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • image MiniMugLinton:

image curlyfrymsu:
    Folding.  I will wash, and dry all day but folding seems like the never ending chore to me

Exactly. I don't even know why, it doesn't take me that long to fold all and put it away, but I have a mental block against it.

all of this! I try to do one load of laundry a day so it doesn't pile up but I end up having 5 baskets with like 3 loads of clean clothes shoved into each one before I'll fold them! And of course everything is wrinkled (and I also hate ironing! lol) so then I throw clothes back in the dryer to get the wrinkles out as I need them! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • Dishes or folding! It's seems to go on forever...
  • The thing I hate the most is putting stuff away and it's a constant job because I hate clutter even more. Next would have been ironing but I invested in this wonderful Home Touch Steamer a few years ago and it's so much easier and faster than ironing. I can also get a nice crisp crease in pants and DH shirt sleeves. I don't even take out my iron anymore and have bought everyone in my family a steamer at one time or another because when they see me using mine they want one. It's pretty cool and thankfully I discovered one that isn't horribly expensive that does a great job.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've learned how to clean the toilet so easily!  Vacuum the base, and the part behind the bowl !! Works so perfectly!   Then all you have to do is wipe it with a wet paper towel and you're set! =D
  • Folding clothes (especially whites - tshirts, socks, etc.) and unloading the dishwasher.  I have no problem loading the dishwasher but there is just something about unloading that I really hate.
  • image chelljqueen:
    Folding clothes (especially whites - tshirts, socks, etc.) and unloading the dishwasher.  I have no problem loading the dishwasher but there is just something about unloading that I really hate.

Oh and dusting.  I absolutely despise that!!!!!!

• Anything dealing with clutter - sorting through recent mail, deciding what to shred/keep/recycle, and then for the things that need to be kept, trying to find a place for it! Clutter drives me nuts, and we live in an apartment, so trying to keep it clutter free is difficult when there's not enough space for everything to be put away out of sight the way I'd prefer.
  • image chelljqueen:
    Folding clothes (especially whites - tshirts, socks, etc.) and unloading the dishwasher.  I have no problem loading the dishwasher but there is just something about unloading that I really hate.

I'm this way, too!  Before we married, DH and I discussed household responsibilities and division of labor and discovered that while I don't mind loading and hate unloading, he's the opposite.  Match made in heaven!  But it's been eight months, and he's yet to unload the dishwasher even when I ask.  Grr...

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Dishes for sure! I'd trade cleaning the bathroom twenty times for doing the dishes once.
  • Dishes here too! It's just so boring! If I have to do it I bring the laptop to the kitchen so that I can watch a show or something meanwhile...

My husband has finally understood that the dishes should be on his list of chores :P

• Vacuuming or mopping!  I love it when they're done though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Visit The Nest!

Visit My Blog! Perfect 10 Beauty.

Visit My Etsy Shop! Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry on Etsy.

My Website Sweetz Shoppe Jewelry.

• I hate cleaning out the microwave or doing the catbox. I have DH do those.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• The litter box.

I will fully admit this. I never clean out that friggin' box. I'm a neat freak, I organize EVERYTHING, my house is almost always spic and span, but I will have the nastiest cat box.

Whyyyyyyy can't I just clean it every day?!

Once a week if that, I'll do it. I just have an extra large box, so I guess it's not horrible but still, ew.

At least my cat isn't super picky!

Also, I hate picking up dog poop outside, and mowing the lawn, and taking out the garbage.

TTC since March 2013 - BFP 4/13/13 on first cycle, EDD 12/21/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/7/13 @11+6, M/C 6/9/13. Waiting for one cycle after m/c to TTC.
    ?Your truth is different from my truth. And we?re both right.?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • anything bathroom