Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Magic Mike - beyond awful - possible spoilers

Wow. I wasn't expecting much, but the 82% on Rotten Tomatoes gave me a slight bit of hope.

It was terrible. 

image image image

Re: Magic Mike - beyond awful - possible spoilers

• Haven't seen it yet and probably won't pay to see it. However, you don't go see Magic Mike for the content. You see it for the eye candy. It could be a silent movie for all I care...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Jennifer102011:
    Haven't seen it yet and probably won't pay to see it. However, you don't go see Magic Mike for the content. You see it for the eye candy. It could be a silent movie for all I care...

Oh, I agree to an extent. The dancing scenes were 25% or less of the movie. 

The 82% or Rotten Tomatoes misled me to believe there would be some sort of (hopefully) a Point Break esque story line attached (minus the bank robbing).

image image image
  • image Five_letter:

image Jennifer102011:
    Haven't seen it yet and probably won't pay to see it. However, you don't go see Magic Mike for the content. You see it for the eye candy. It could be a silent movie for all I care...

The 82% or Rotten Tomatoes misled me to believe there would be some sort of (hopefully) a Point Break esque story line attached (minus the bank robbing).

Now I know I'm not paying money to see it. 25%?!??!? Screw that. I'll wait for Netflix... 

• image Jennifer102011:
    image Five_letter:

image Jennifer102011:

Now I know I'm not paying money to see it. 25%?!??!? Screw that. I'll wait for Netflix... 

Yes. I found the large chunk of it to be loser partying. Popping pills, caps of GHB, passing out, and waking up with strangers. 

image image image
  • Aw...that stinks :(
  • And I thought the preview of Magic Mike when I saw Rock of Ages was the high point of my movie experience for that day....it's not entirely out of the running, because RoA was terrible as well!
  • image derky17:
    And I thought the preview of Magic Mike when I saw Rock of Ages was the high point of my movie experience for that day....it's not entirely out of the running, because RoA was terrible as well!

RoA looked terrible from the previews I saw. A definite must NOT see on my list. 

• The only good parts of this movie were the guys dancing...now that was HOT....just like Chippendales