Sewing machine problem

My sewing machine keeps doing this and jamming. Is it a tension problem or something else? Any suggestions?

Re: Sewing machine problem

• Is it right away when you start?  My old machine liked to suck the thread in if I didn't really make sure to hold the top and bobbin thread as I started.

I'm sure you've already re-threaded, tried a new bobbin, clean, oiled.

• Have you switched your needle lately?  I usually like to try that before messing too much with the tension.
  • The first thing you should do is to unthread and then thread again, making sure that the thread goes into the thread take up lever correctly; that can affect your tension. 

Another thing is to be sure that the bobbin is inserted correctly; it should unwind counterclockwise.

These may seem like no-brainers but, it is surprising how many times I don't even think of the simple solutions.Confused

L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

• I had what looks to be the same problem. I actually stopped using my machine for a long time and then recently wanted to do something and after many annoying attempts I realized there is a right and wrong way to put in the bobbin. Let me tell you that was frustrating because that little guy looks the same on both side but it made all the difference. Worth a try :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers