Getting Pregnant

Stupid hope

I'm coming up on CD 60 so I called my doctor to see if he could call me in a prescription for provera without actually having to go in for a visit.  He said he'd be happy to call it in for me but he wanted me to take two HPT's, one this evening and one tomorrow morning, and if they are negative to call him back and he'll call me in a prescription.

I KNOW I'm not pregnant.  My chart shows no ovulation for the last 60 days, my temps are actually down the last week or so, so I know I'm not pregnant which is fine, we're still really new to all of this, but this little tini tiny bit of my stupid brain has a little glimmer of hope that they will be positive.  Like I know, I know they won't be, but I suppose my heart/brain isn't as logical.

Has anyone else ever got excited over something that you know isn't true?

Anniversary

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
IUI w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14
Nestie Besties with Nfp147 & TTC Buddies with Amandaf6383

Re: Stupid hope

• lb1117lb1117
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That was me yesterday. I'm sorry that you're going through the same thing. Sad
    Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/6/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Xan921Xan921
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

image lb1117:
    That was me yesterday. I'm sorry that you're going through the same thing. Sad

There's nothing to be sorry for Smile  Like I said, I am fine with it at this point in time, but I just hate how my heart gets all fluttery over something that I know isn't even a possibility.  Ah well, such is life.

Anniversary

Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
  • spin25spin25
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, this exact thing. ((hugs))
  • Oh yes.  I've definitely been there.
  • So at about 3 this morning I woke up and for some reason I was thinking about how I hadn't had any PMS symptoms but should be starting soon and had a glimmer of misplaced hope.  I woke up at 5 to bloody sheets.

After over 4 years and failed IVFs I feel really foolish for having thoughts like that.

image              image
    "I DO NOT love that you think so many things revolve around you.  I know you're bitter.  I get it.  But I'm over your feelings." The best person on the internet ever!
  • I hear ya... those little glimmers of usually false hope suck! A couple years ago I went in to get a progesterone shot to bring on AF and they make me do a pregnancy test first. I knew I wasn't pregnant b/c I had been temping and charting, but I got a false positive at the doc's office. I knew it was false immediately, but I still got my hopes up slightly when they sent me for blood work to confirm *sigh*

GL with everything. I hope your body gets itself sorted out soon. Unending cycles suck :(

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

• I've definitely been there. This last cycle I even went as far as to buy a pack of digis and used 1 on cd3 and one on cd7 bc I was convinced my period wasn't really a period and all my symptoms pointed to pregnancy. 
    image image
    TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
    IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
    IUI #2 = BFN
    IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
    IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
    IVF coming soon
  • spin25spin25

image slouise12:
    I've definitely been there. This last cycle I even went as far as to buy a pack of digis and used 1 on cd3 and one on cd7 bc I was convinced my period wasn't really a period and all my symptoms pointed to pregnancy. 

I did this a week ago--CD15ish.

• nfp147nfp147
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hear you Xan.  It happens to me most months when I'm 99.9% sure I'm not pregnant.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm 
    February 2013: IUI #1 = BFN 
    October 2013: We made the decision to stop TTC and live without children.

Nestie Besties with Xan921 
  • image spin25:

image slouise12:
    I've definitely been there. This last cycle I even went as far as to buy a pack of digis and used 1 on cd3 and one on cd7 bc I was convinced my period wasn't really a period and all my symptoms pointed to pregnancy. 

Im glad I'm not alone! On cd3 I felt justified bc I was supposed to start Clomid and I know that it can cause birth defects so I was just being cautious. Cd7 I felt a little crazier but I had some weird stuff going on so I just went for it haha

image image
    TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
    IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
    IUI #2 = BFN
    IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
    IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
    IVF coming soon
  • CeeBugCeeBug
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker

I'm sorry!

This is me every cycle. Even when I start spotting I think, "implantation spotting!" Don't feel bad.

• spin25spin25
    image slouise12:
    image spin25:

image slouise12:

Im glad I'm not alone! On cd3 I felt justified bc I was supposed to start Clomid and I know that it can cause birth defects so I was just being cautious. Cd7 I felt a little crazier but I had some weird stuff going on so I just went for it haha

I did that exact thing on CD3 b/c of Clomid, lol. This time I did it b/c AF had been super light, and I was feeling nauseous and ridiculously tired. I definitely felt crazy after that BFN.

• Every single time they insist on a blood test at the Dr. Office, even though I know it will be negative....It is like I get my hopes up because maybe they know something I don't.
    In a small gang with my Nestie Besties! TTC buddies with Cinco & SBSP

March GP Siggy Challenge: GLTB Pride
  • Happens to me every time I POAS....Welcome aboard the Crazy TTC Train. I have a seat next to me open.
  • I think we all go through that to some extent. Don't get too discouraged.
    "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."
    image image
    Normal bloodwork, HSG and S/A
    Med Cycles #1-5: 50mg Clomid, Novarel trigger, TI and 2 IUI's--> all BFN's
    April, May 2012: Natural Cycles, BFN's
    Med Cycle #6: Follistim with trigger and IUI --> BFFN
    Ovarian endometriosis discovered in July, treated with laparoscopy 8/3
    September Siggy: Birthday Cake MARTINIS
  • Every time I had delayed cycles from the progesterone following Iuis I was forced to take more tests. I was hopeful every single time, think maybe I just had a late implanter...it happens to all of us when we want something so bad. 

• My doctor told me to call if I reached 14 dpo with no period, so even though I thought FF might have been off a day and I was spotting I tested.  BFN and full on flow the next morning.
    "I said what I meant and I meant what I said, an elephant's faithful 100%" Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches The Egg. My Ovulation Chart Ttc buddies with LexiMS!
  • Xan921Xan921

image TheDeaton's:
    Happens to me every time I POAS....Welcome aboard the Crazy TTC Train. I have a seat next to me open.

:::Sits on down:::

I just got home from work and tested, BFN, oh well.  I'll test again tomorrow morning as the doctor requested and then be on my way to get this never ending cycle over with.  As much as I'd like a new cycle to start asap, I think I may hold off until after my vacation on July 13th... I DO NOT want to deal with a provera induced AF while at the beach  

Anniversary

• Xan921Xan921
    Thanks for making me feel like I'm not crazy everyone...this board rocks Smile

Anniversary

• I've been there. It is a sucky feeling.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker