GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Haven't posted in forever - question about flat spot on head?

I mostly post on my BMB now but thought I would pop on to GPM to say hi and hope all the new moms and moms to be are doing well.  LO has her 2 month appt next Friday so i will bring it up with Dr then, but how can you tell if LO has a flat spot? She favors one side of her head over the other.  Always sleeping on that side during the night.  Naptimes haven't been established yet in terms of sleeping in bassinet so she sleeps wherever (swing, rnp, napper, etc etc) that in those things for the most part her head stays straight up or only slightly turns to the side).  When upright or tummy time she easily moves neck both ways.  However I guess I'm oblivious cause I don't see a flat spot on the side of her head by looking at her.  How can I tell?  By touch?  Looking from a different angle?

Thanks!

Jessica 

Reggie imageimage
Madison Lynn image image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Haven't posted in forever - question about flat spot on head?

• If you google plagiocephaly you should be able to get some photos...but seen from above the asymmetry should be pretty obvious. Most babies will have a small amount of it and either outgrow it or it isn't enough to be concerning. PJ has a small flat spot on the back of his head - you can tell if you look at his head in profile - and they were never concerned about it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers