South Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Summertime!

Hello ladies! I hope all is well with everyone! My filter wasn't showing anything for this board because the latest post was from 3 months ago so I thought I'd try to bring some life to this board.

So what is new with everybody? Any new nesties? What are everyone's summer plans?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Summertime!

• The hubby and I just got back from an Alaskan cruise so we will be taking it easy this summer.  We may go down the shore a few times and we have a wedding out of state in August but for the most part we will be staying close to home.

• Hello!

I am newly married (May 2012) and my husband, step-son and I are are trying to plan our 1st "family" vacation later this summer. 

Any advise for being newly married?

Thanks!

• NJ789NJ789 member
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker
    njgal - Do you have any suggestions for the cruise for excursions or just anything in general??  H and I are doing an Alaskan cruise next month with 8 of our family members.  We'll be in Ketchican, Juneau and Skagway and then after the cruise we're heading up to Denali for a few days.  We can wait!!
  • Welcome Happybee and congratulations!

• Sorry for the late reply!

For Ketchikan we went to the Saxman Native American Village which was amazing with all of the totem poles and we got to see a live performance of tribal dances.  The second part of the excursion included a lumberjack show which my husband was interested in but I also found it very entertaining-they have 2 teams ( USA vs Canada) and they do all these events like axe throwing, tree climbing, and log rolling.   It was corny but fun so I highly recommend it along with the Saxman Village if you can do both.

We booked our cruise through Orbitz and we received a free excursion which we used for Juneau-we didn't have many choices but we selected a city tour and tour of Mendenhall glacier.  The tour of the city was kind of boring which was surprising because it's the state capital but the glacier was pretty interesting.  We didn't walk on the glacier but we were able to get up close and take some awesome pictures.  If you want to save money, you can pretty much walk through the main street yourself b/c the ship drops you off right at the beginning of it with all of the shops and restaurants.  There was also a Tramway that was right there when you got off the boat which might interest you and it's something you don't have to pay an excursion price for-you just walk over to the building and get tickets.  Other than that there really wasn't much to do except for the whale watching and helicopter glacier rides (pricey but well worth it is what I have heard from people that did them).

We didn't go to Skagway (we went to Sitka and Glacier Bay National Park) so I can't help you there but if you haven't done so already, check out cruisecritics.com because they have a bunch of reviews and recommendations from past cruisers.

We didn't go up to Denali though I wish we did since we were in the state but I hear it is amazing!  Have a wonderul time!

• Hey y'all!  Guess I'm a little late to the party but I've just come over to TN

Quick rundown on me - Grew up in SJ and got married there about a month ago. We currently live in GA but are trying desperately to move back north, preferably before any offspring occur (no set plans on ttc though..).

My summer plans, now that the wedding has passed, aren't too exciting, just hoping to find a job up that way

• Congratulations Tiffany 6912! This board unfortunately hasn't been lively for awhile but maybe with some newbies we can keep it going!
  • Congrats to all the newbies, and to NJGAL26..congrats on the pregnancy! Enjoy your wedded bliss, marriage is great but being a mother is even better. It's the hardest but most rewarding job you'll ever have.

I'm enjoying my summer off as a teacher with my two little ones.  

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/27x4669.jpg[/IMG]

PGAL~natural miscarriage oct2010 at 10w