Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men Finale 6/10 *SP*

I felt like last week's episode should have really been the finale and not this one.  I thought Lane's death would be more of an upfront topic rather than the one that everyone is thinking but nobody said.  Plus, Peggy doesn't even know!  Is Elizabeth Moss leaving the show?  I always felt like it was kind of Peggy's story too.

I usually feel like there's a big cliffhanger for each finale but I didn't feel that way with this one.  I'll be curious to listen to the commentary when the DVDs come out.  I honestly thought that the partners looking through the windows of the new office was going to be the end (I was watching it on iTunes the next day without the progress bar).

I know Pete Campbell is spiraling and depressed but he's such an A-hole.  I was kind of glad to see him get it handed to him a few times this season but now it's kind of getting depressing.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Mad Men Finale 6/10 *SP*

• While not a big cliffhanger, I am really interested in knowing - will Don do it or not?! 

I can see Peggy coming back, the firm is missing the female voice now.  She didn't seem too happy at her new job, although she could end up being a ground-breaking ad exec there too (is she the one that names Virginia Slims?). 

I'm annoyed that Pete got what he wanted in the end.  I want to see that a-hole go down! lol 

Roger's tush was ... interesting. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I don't feel like they left much of a will he-wont he cheat situation that they were going for, its not like that is the first time this season he was hit on, and it did not seem like he was overly interested.

I do really think Pete is such a sleeze ball it would be nice to see him in the city and have trudy have a tryst with the pool boy or something.

I think I read somewhere that Elizabeth Moss wont be a series regular next season but that she will still be there. I honestly do not think there is any realistic way to have her back at SCDP.

Also am I the only one who was hopeing that they were going to show Megan filming the commercial and her being terrible at it. They showed her reele and all and she is obviously pretty enough but seriously how would you know if anyone is a decent actor with those things.

• i didn't even know it was the finale.
    Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• Weiner has confirmed she's gone, I think.

I am wondering also if this isn't the end of the series. Either that or the story lines are closed and there will be entirely new ones next season.

I think Megan and Don are done.

He was with her on the set of that commercial and then he began to walk away...he walked off the set into darkness and then ahead into his "future life"; the scene at the bar could be taking place well into the future.

It was like he was leaving Megan behind as he was walking away.
  • WA1215WA1215 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary

image TarponMonoxide:

I am wondering also if this isn't the end of the series. Either that or the story lines are closed and there will be entirely new ones next season.

I think Megan and Don are done.

He was with her on the set of that commercial and then he began to walk away...he walked off the set into darkness and then ahead into his "future life"; the scene at the bar could be taking place well into the future.

It was like he was leaving Megan behind as he was walking away.

This is what I thought as well.  

Don always needs someone who is centered around him and has no "distractions"  When Megan wanted to start her acting career, I could tell it wasnt going to go well.  When she worked with him, he could "keep an eye on her" and himself for that matter.

I kind of wanted Roger and Joan to get together, but I dont like his slutty ways and she deserves more than that!

I hope they dont get rid of Peggy altogether... 

• image shouldbworkin:

While not a big cliffhanger, I am really interested in knowing - will Don do it or not?! 

I can see Peggy coming back, the firm is missing the female voice now.  She didn't seem too happy at her new job, although she could end up being a ground-breaking ad exec there too (is she the one that names Virginia Slims?). 

I'm annoyed that Pete got what he wanted in the end.  I want to see that a-hole go down! lol 

Roger's tush was ... interesting. 

There were also Eve cigarettes, marketed to women, but the better known ladies only brand was Virginia Slims.

VS also sponsored one of the first major women' tennis tours. Ha -- fancy that, a cigarette endorsing something an athlete would do.
  • That's interesting to look at it that way...I took it as he did what made her happy by helping her get the commercial. As he watched her reel, he saw her light up with happiness as she hadn't done at home in a while. I didn't think it symbolized him leaving her behind....but I love the ambiguous ending...Isn't that the heart of Don's story? You think he's left behind his womanizing ways since he fell in love with Megan...but has he?!
  • I think the finale needed to have the "coming down" from the prior week's drama. The Lane storyline was the climax and the finale eases us into what direction each person might be going.

I don't think we can expect Peggy to be on regularly next season, but I can see her and Don staying in touch. 

I took the very end as Don trying to come to terms with his wife's career starting to take off (and the fact that she HAS a career and it's independent of him....sort of) and he just doesn't know how the hell to cope with that. 

Anyone notice he hasn't ordered an Old Fashioned in like, 3 seasons? Maybe it's a hint that he's going back to his old ways? 

Roger butt = hilarious. 

• The times are changing......the Beatles song "Tomorrow Never Knows" (a few eps back) was a symbol on the show that Don isn't with "the times". He couldn't even listen to the whole song because he didn't "get it". Suicide was treated much differently in the 60s than it is today. Today, it is a topic people talk pretty openly about.....then, well not so much. In shows like, Desperate Housewives, it's in the forefront bc it's based on modern times.

I thought the finale was very telling. Don will go back to his old ways (or waiver) because he cannot change. He can't even handle the realization that the whole world is changing. Women are working, music is changing (he wanted some stupid jingle in one of the commercials a few episodes back-prob the same ep as the Beatles song).

Did anyone else notice the "nudity" disclaimer at the beginning of the show? I thought it would be boobies, but when Roger's but was in FULL view, I realized that was it. He's actually my favorite character, and I think he's hot.

Pete is the worst. Ever. I don't think I have ever hated a TV character as much as I hate Pete. I also hope (like a PP said) that Trudy has an affair or catches him and takes him for all he's worth.

I think a big part of the show is that Don is stuck and everyone else is moving on and evolving.

• mad men is a good show!i love this show very much,i'm looking forward to the next season!

mad men seasons 1-4 dvd