Pittsburgh Nesties

Sandwich ring-north recs?

Not a very interesting topic, I know.  Having a birthday party on Sunday, who has the best sandwich rings, and reasonably priced?  I am in Bellevue, so somewhere up North would be great.  Was thinking about Sam's-has anyone tried them??  Trying to think more outside the box!

Re: Sandwich ring-north recs?

• Wexford Post Office Deli

T-Bones in Wexford (right off of the Wexford 79 exit)

Giant Eagle or Market District

I will readily admit that I am a lunch meat snob and these are pretty much the only ones I would eat.

• Giant Eagle for sandwich ring.  We've also gotten a "giant" 4ft sub from subway for several occasions. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Yes, we are lunch meat snobs, too!  The Wexford Post Office is a great idea-thanks!  I was thinking about GE too-wonder if they are any good-I guess Market District is different/better?
  • I don't know if this would be too far for you, but Donatelli's Italian Foods Market in Bloomfield on Liberty Avenue has excellent sandwich rings. We ordered them for Spencer's 1st bday party. It's $27 per sandwich ring, but you get 16 large pieces. We ordered the All American and the Italian Wheel.

http://www.donatellisitalianfood.com/products_15_1499784877.pdf

this is a PDF..the sandwich rings start on page 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We get ours at Costco, Jersey Mikes or Dibellas....all in Cranberry
    ourblackandgoldworld.blogspot.com
  • image WhitneyAnne:
    Yes, we are lunch meat snobs, too!  The Wexford Post Office is a great idea-thanks!  I was thinking about GE too-wonder if they are any good-I guess Market District is different/better?

Giant Eagles are good, I don't know if there is a huge difference between Market District and regular GE. If you were doing more things like sides, I would probably go to Market District but lunch meat wise, I think both are good.

• Another vote for Giant Eagle. We did their mini sandwiches for DD's first birthday party and they were really good!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Excellent!  Thanks ladies!  The one in Lawrenceville sounds awesome, but too far :(  I want to be able to pick up on the day of the party and that is in the opposite direction unfortunately.  Called GE, and I can get two of their big rings for the price of one at Wexford Deli...so Im glad to have your thumbs up on GE!  Sounds good to me, and easy pick up-and variety!  :)