Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hatfield's & McCoy's

Anyone going to watch the tv mini series?  DH & I are watching tonight's episode.  He's recording the other two.

*TTC since 10/11* 
BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
*~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hatfield's & McCoy's

• Watched it with DH. We really liked it a lot. I couldn't get over Johnsie though...a/k/a Psycho Derek on OTH. hahaha
    7.25.09-Forever

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttc3b5e.aspx[/img][/url]

The Best Day of Our Lives

The Love Nest

My Blog
  • image KareBear0408:
    Watched it with DH. We really liked it a lot. I couldn't get over Johnsie though...a/k/a Psycho Derek on OTH. hahaha

Me too!  I kept saying, H.... that's psycho Derek!  lol.

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

I had planned on it, but got caught up in the garden and forgot to watch it! I will have to keep an eye out for it on again!

• I watched it but have to watched part 1 again, at least the second half. I like it so far.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • Xtine22Xtine22 member

image KareBear0408:
    Watched it with DH. We really liked it a lot. I couldn't get over Johnsie though...a/k/a Psycho Derek on OTH. hahaha

I knew he looked familiar!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
  • My H kept referring to him as Psycho Derek too. I think our trip to Wilmington last week brainwashed him into actually like OTH now. hahaha
    7.25.09-Forever

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttc3b5e.aspx[/img][/url]

The Best Day of Our Lives

The Love Nest

My Blog
  • I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I have both episodes on my dvr.
  • FINALLY! This is the first time the Entertainment board has actually worked for me in a couple of weeks.

We watched Hatfields & McCoys. I LOVED it. It took me a bit to see Johnse as himself and not Psycho Derek, as well! For whatever reason, after watching this series, I am now obsessed. I want to read books and visit these landmarks. It amazes me how large and violent this feud got.

I found parts of it extremely hard to watch: the execution of the 3 brothers (even though they deserved it) and most scenes involving Cotton simply because they put him in positions that were impossible for him... and especially the hanging of him. I cried.

I was pretty 'pro-Hatfield' all the way through... then the ending just solidified that for me.

"Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• I thought it was great! I'd like to re-watch at some point because I know I missed some details. I am more pro-McCoy, than Hatfield...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I'm pro-McCoy! :)  I live in Pikeville so its really nice to hear some more in depth stuff from the Hatfields/McCoys feud. All I knew about it before was that it started over a pig. Theres an italian restaurant downtown that is in the McCoy house. The McCoy graves are also nearby!