I am ready to add another dog to our family, but DH isn't quite there yet.
I am not going to push it too much until he is really ready, but it just makes me sad because I'd really love to have another dog in the house.
Our two year old boxer is our baby. We don't have any children and probably won't - but I love being his mom. It's just fun to take a care of a dog. Well, it's fun most of the time, anyway.
We didn't do our research the first time around and ended up getting him from a BYB. We didn't realize that this wasn't a good decision. At the same time, I wouldn't take it back because I love my dog and couldn't imagine our life without him.
But this time around, when we are both ready to get another dog, we will do things differently. We'll rescue. It won't be easy because we live in an apartment and a lot of the rescues around here do require a fenced yard, but it's not impossible.
Anyway, I just really wanted to vent my disappointment that we're not quite on the same page. I do understand his reservations - Draco has skin allergies and this is expensive to treat, so adding another dog into the mix would mean a greater financial burden.
I am just hoping he'll come around soon so we can start looking at adding a new dog into the mix!