Relationships

Am I a shoe hoarder?

In doing some early organizing to make room for future nursery, I'm finding. Real shortage of shoe storage space upstairs.  I also realized I have a lot more fukking shoes than I thought.  If you asked I probably would have said I had around 40 pair.  In face, it seems I have closer to 100 or so.  I find this kind of shocking.  I realize I have a rather "sure, what the hell" attitude about shoes under $30, so we're talking a lot of Payless and Target in there.  I just had no idea I had so many.  It probably doesn't help that I rarely get rid of shoes.    Does anyone else shoe hoard?  I'm wondering if this is actually a pretty normal size shoe collection, cause it seems a little extreme to me.  

Re: Am I a shoe hoarder?

• Gah.  I really need to get a detached keyboard for my iPad.  or look before I hit post.
  • One day in the fall, when Mr. Mod had a day off that I didn't, he called me at work. He called me at work to day "Did you know that you have 107 pairs of shoes?" I replied "Clearly you didn't find the drawer of summer sandals built into the bench in my closet"

So yeah, I think you're fine. Mostly because I am flawless. And because the bottom drawer of my double wide file cabinet at work is filled with shoes.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Heh.  I figured You might have a similar problem, er, situation, Mod.  I'm just wondering what the "mean" is.  I've started a purge.  I'd like to get down to under 70.  I'm just so bad at getting rid of stuff.  Even I'd I don't wear it, if it's pretty, I can't let go.  
  • I was just coming to grips with the fact I have a very serious shoe problem.  I also have a very serious online shopping problem.  I keep getting notices of stuff shipping that I have already forgot I ordered.  90% of it is shoes.  I tried getting rid of some stuff once, but I am not so good at that. 

I'm sitting here trying to take mental inventory and I keep remembering more and more.  It's not pretty.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I probably have about 60 pairs, but only wear about 10-15 regularly.  I don't know why I keep all the others but I do.
  • I'm the same too- i got rid of about 30 pairs when I moved but I still have at least 30-40 pairs..., and I keep buying more. 
  • freaks.  I think i own 15-20?
  • How do you have room for all those shoes?
    11/11/11 = 5 years. Woah!
  • Well, this is my current problem.  My basic go to shoes are in my closet.  About 25% reside in the basement as they're infrequently worn or out of season.  The not so often worn used to go in 2 under the bed storage boxes in the guest bedroom, which is now bedless so it can become D's new office.  Keeping them under our bed is not ideal, as I get up way before D and don't like to be in there making noise or turning on lights while he's asleep.  So...basement?
  • This sounds normal to me. What if you want to wear them again? You can't throw them away...or maybe I'm just projecting.

Welcome to my dojo.
  • Liz4444Liz4444
    Fourth Anniversary
    I have at least 70 pairs.  I have a seperate closet just for shoes.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • I'm up to 7 pairs, not counting gardening shoes. I kind of need sandals though. I don't think I've ever owned 8 pairs of shoes before, it feels weird. 

You're only a hoarder if you store dead cats with your massive shoe collection. 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I found a dead bug in a loafer yesterday.
  • image ChristinS:
    I found a dead bug in a loafer yesterday.

Was it a pet? Maybe it's time to purge.  

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Probably like 30, if you count Old Navy flip-flop type shoes.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Uhm... I have a problem, too.  I don't even want to admit my shoe count.
  • I probably have 15-20 pairs.

At one point I realized I was starting to get out of control, and did a huge purge. I had some pangs, but it felt really good giving pretty stuff to charity (instead of my usual crap..) - and I gave some to my little cousins too, and they were SUPER excited. 

• I'm in the sam zone with probably 20, including the ones at work.

Mod, you live in an apartment...WTH do you store 100+ pairs of shoes?  I would have to create a closet out of thin air to make that work. 

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I'm probably around 30.  And my husband already complains.

(this is probably because one time when a pair of shoes arrived he caught me sniffing them with what he described as a "drugged look")

I love shoes, I just try to limit it, and I do purge occasionally.  And I'm kind of the opposite as I spend more money (not Novembermoney) on less pairs.

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • Lindsay, it isn't pretty trust me

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy